Your favorite Stefan quote?

" If you can’t share what’s important to you with the people around you then you have no relationship. It’s all just proximity, and turkey and sports and weather and bullshit."

“The truth is not a sword to be drawn at all costs. You count your enemies, you count your opportunities, and sometimes you leave it in its scabbard.”

"When you've had a truly tragic childhood, you will never know how cold-hearted the motherfuckers on this planet are, untill you opened your heart about your sad history in the company of the unempathetic muggles who never had many struggles."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"It's not social anxiety. It's simply being too stuffed full of horror and secrets, to be able to make any small talk." - Stefan Molyneux

"There’s nothing lonelier than empty relationships. At least when you’re alone you can be yourself, but when you’re with empty relationships you can’t even be yourself.

You can be real alone, or you can be a ghost with false friends. Pulse proximity is not intimacy, and it’s worse than no friends at all." - Stefan Molyneux

Great topic, Reina. I can't think of the specific quote but it was something like "if people can abuse their own children, think how easy it is to abuse... murder foreigners" I'm probably paraphrasing it badly. I think it was a call in show with a former military recruit. I will try to find the exact quote.

Edit: It's "All the other wars are just the shadow of the war on children" @ approximately 1:19 in Asshole Proximity Disorder podcast. Really good speech about children. So many good quotes.

Great topic, Reina. I can't think of the specific quote but it was something like "if people can abuse their own children, think how easy it is to abuse... murder foreigners" I'm probably paraphrasing it badly. I think it was a call in show with a former military recruit. I will try to find the exact quote.

If it was, start with the podcast "No Thanks For Your Service".  :) 

When we wake up to the aliveness in ourselves, we often forget to wake up to the deadness in others.

For a long time I thought I was rejoining the human race. […] It does not happen that you heal yourself to rejoin humanity. Like Nietzche’s superman, you heal yourself and surpass humanity. Because humanity is, as I talked about earlier in this show, inhumane” - Stefan Molyneux

"To buid a skyscraper you must first DIG down. To go up you go down. First you build a base. The base, is the people around you." - Stefan Molyneux

“To be yourself is in many ways to be inconvenient to others. Only placaters and appeasers get along with other people all the time and that's not really getting along with anyone. That's just self erasure."

“The principals are quite simple. We can love people who treat us well. We cannot love people who treat us badly because, treating someone badly is not a virtue and we can only love virtue. I don’t think that’s controversial. I mean, there is no marriage therapist that I can imagine in the world who would say to a woman being beaten, humiliated, verbally abused, or completely ignored by her husband, “You just need to love him more. You need to work at making him happier.” That would be sadistic in the extreme to say to someone. So, in the same way I say, if anyone, I don’t care if they are your priest, god, father, mother, or your Siamese twin cousin coming out of your elbow or ass. I don’t care. If someone is treating you badly, that is not good for you. The solution is not you being so great that you both become better. That’s not a realistic solution.”

“Anger is the immune system of the soul.” 

-Stef

There was another that goes something like "Every time a woman chooses to be with a violent man she throws another log on the fire that is the world."

I would love to know how the original goes.

“If there is no honesty, there is no relationship. The only degree to which there is a relationship is the degree to which you are honest."

"To frame someone for murder is pretty hard but to palm a packet of cocaine and say that you found it in their car is pretty damn easy and the government loves having that power."

"Because people haven’t been reasoned into their beliefs, they can’t be reasoned out of their beliefs, [and] when people have existing prejudices, showing them facts that run counter to those prejudices does not dislodge them. In fact, statistically, it is more likely to make those prejudices stronger.”

“The move towards the extension of personhood to children is already underway, and is utterly, completely and totally unstoppable!”

-Stef

"Women good, because- - -... M-a-g-i-c.  Men bad, because - -... B-e-a-r-d-s!"

- Stefan

so much good stuff from, "Truth about Maleficent". But this one gets me all the time, also love the part of "progression of evil, by beard/manly level".  Stefan is like Luois CK with added philosophy level of over 9000. :)

Cracked me up in the recent call in show "You Can't Fix Stupid".

"It's like there's gold three feet in the ocean, and everyone is scuffing up and down on the beach saying,"There's not really much gold here. There's no gooold. Where's the gooold? I want some gooold."And it's like...it's in there three feet, just gotta go pick it up."Well that's wet. I don't wanna get my feet wet. Where's my gooold? I want gooold...How come other people get all the gooold? I want the government to get me some gooold..."Like...IT'S THREE FEET AWAY! GO GET THE GOLD! IT'S IN THE OCEAN! RIGHT THERE! It's not a pufferfish that's going to bite you! It's not a gold shark or anything like that! It's not a rappers discarded teeth! It's real gold!"I want some gold...where's my gold...I want some gold..."

Start at 1:00:10https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhNGOrLv0Q0

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.