Greetings everyone,

I called in the show about 6 months ago concerning a very difficult situation. My sister and her boyfriend had two children but they were both addicted to drugs. I got my sister to go into Rehab and she has been there ever since. Not really sure how her situation will turn out it will be along time. The boyfriend apparently lives down the street from us "staying with a new girlfriend" but has not showed any sign of interest or concern in his children. About 7 months ago I dedicated my life to providing as much stability as possible. During the week I watch them all by myself from about 7 am to 5 pm. On average I spend abut 60-70 hours a week with them 50 of which are with my company alone "for the most part" the other 10-20 hours are usually shared with my biological mothers company.

From a very early age I always knew that if I ever had children that I would never let my mother have any access to them. So here I am living my worst nightmare raising children with my mom.. I know what you must be thinking right now "why not take them somewhere else?" and that is a good question. I would love to take them somewhere else however temporary custody has been given to my mother and they live in the middle of nowhere. I have a herniated disc in my lower back making long commutes impossible "if I have to sit" Long story short I can't afford to live somewhere else and take care of the kids 50+ hours a week I eventually had to even give up my part time job because my back was getting worse.

I have recently created a Facebook page to tell a little bit of my story and gain community support. At the moment I am not making any mention of my mother and her abuse towards me. When this all began I thought it was just going to be temporary, now the idea of turning them over to the whims of a clueless druggy and her narcissistic mother makes me nauseous. I am not prepared at all for children the way I would like to be but I know I can provide more stability then they could ever. Most likely I am not going to be able to convince my sister to give me custody and if I take it to court I risk the possibility of being outcast from their life completely..

Check out my page and give it a thumbs up if you could, I will be posting more on this matter this is just the beginning just wanted to share it with the best community I have ever found online or anywhere actually. Please feel free to share your opinion and give any advice.

-Thanks, Clark     http://clarkgorny.wix.com/uncleclark

I have recently created a Facebook page to tell a little bit of my story and gain community support. At the moment I am not making any mention of my mother and her abuse towards me. When this all began I thought it was just going to be temporary, now the idea of turning them over to the whims of a clueless druggy and her narcissistic mother makes me nauseous. I am not prepared at all for children the way I would like to be but I know I can provide more stability then they could ever. Most likely I am not going to be able to convince my sister to give me custody and if I take it to court I risk the possibility of being outcast from their life completely..

Check out my page and give it a thumbs up if you could, I will be posting more on this matter this is just the beginning just wanted to share it with the best community I have ever found online or anywhere actually. Please feel free to share your opinion and give any advice.

-Thanks, Clark     http://clarkgorny.wix.com/uncleclark

The link is just for the wix page.  If you post a link to the FB page I'll be sure to give it a thumbs up.  I wish it was more but I donated a few sheckles via the wix site.

Hi Clark, I think it's terrible the father lives down the street & doesn't seem to want to show any interest in his kids!have you spoken with him may be he's feeling segregated?I can't offer any donations at this moment but I can offer you a HTML edit with instructions for your wix site to remove all the ads, pm me if you want & well done!

I am going to start a new post its been awhile since I sat down and wrote my thoughts, I want to start off with a carefully constructed and simple question rather than an endless stream of consciousness.

This situation is breaking my heart.. I am the only one in there lives who understand how catastrophic this has been for them and I am the only one who cares about what sort of future they are going to have.

I need as much help as possible trying to figure this out.. I will make another post on the forum when I have the time to fully compose something. 

~Clark

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.