Our 'leaders' are most likely to be the least suitable

By an almost inverted process of exclusion, those who manage to make it to be 'our leaders' are most likely to be the least suitable. Indeed if one imagines how leaders would match against the Hare Psychopathy Check-list, for example, the conclusion is striking:

Factor 1: Personality “Aggressive narcissism”
Glibness/superficial charm
Grandiose sense of self-worth
Pathological lying
Cunning/manipulative
Lack of remorse or guilt
Shallow affect (genuine emotion is short-lived and egocentric)
Callousness; lack of empathy
Failure to accept responsibility for own actions 

Factor 2: Case history “Socially deviant lifestyle”
Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
Parasitic lifestyle
Poor behavioural control
Lack of realistic long-term goals
Impulsiveness
Irresponsibility
Juvenile delinquency
Early behaviour problems
Revocation of conditional release 

Traits not correlated with either factor
Promiscuous sexual behaviour
Many short-term marital relationships
Criminal versatility
Acquired behavioural sociopathy/sociological conditioning

By an almost inverted process of exclusion, those who manage to make it to be our leaders are most likely to be the least suitable.

This is fundamental. The more somebody believes they COULD command others or make accurate decisions regarding others, the more out of touch with reality they are, the less effective their commands and decisions will be.

The potential for this syndrome, of having a propensity to be suffering from some form of psychiatric illness, extends to other 'professions' within the state.  Law-court judges, police officers and school teachers jump to mind. 

In the UK, where the core of the medical profession is working for a state enforced monopoly, it often appears tangibly beneath doctors self-imposed remit to discuss the treatment with a patent (at least until they show to the doctor they are sufficiently well informed and educated to either understand or, more likely, be otherwise troublesome).

Most people, to my amazement, want to be ruled (Republicans and Democrats). A few people want to rule over other people (politicians). These 2 groups are made for each other. We anarchists are stuck in the middle, desiring neither to rule or be ruled. The combined powers of the others, ensures that we are made unwilling participants in their system, to be ruled of course. Funny how the willingly ruled, never seem to be happy with the rules made for them, as if somewhere deep inside they actually don't want to be slaves. Perhaps I'm being optimistic.

In response to your question, of course our leaders are sociopaths. The job ad reads: Do you like ordering people around? Do you like having people who disobey your commands kidnapped and locked in a cage? Do you want the power to march an army across a country slaughtering millions? Do you want the power to print money and steal from the public at will? Do you feel no sympathy at all for the victims of the suffering you inflict? Then join the government and have all your sick desires fulfilled.

Only a sociopath would take such a job.

Most people, to my amazement, want to be ruled

This is why the state's system of indoctrination strives to make people who never transform into adults, refuse to mature.In the Middle Ages students generally began their university careers between the ages of twelve and fifteen and within five years completed. https://www.csupomona.edu/~plin/ls201/studentlife.html That was part of a system of education. Today children are schooled: trained! The schooling system takes children away from parents, instilling a notion that parents are not capable of educating their own offspring, and places them into a system where they are compelled to do as they are told (regardless of what-so-ever it is they may be interested to immerse themselves in). They start and stop studying on command without regard as to the path their interests would prefer they followed. They are segregated by age not ability. Boys are treated as if they are no more than dysfunctional girls. They are taught to learn and reiterate, they are not taught to question and think.The enforced culture provided from mainstream corporate media builds an illusion that youthfulness is the most desirable condition, sexually and intellectually. We are lost in a world of children who feel trapped in aging, decaying, flabby bodies.The state provides our security: jobs, homes, health, respect for racial and sexual preference, civil protection and national defence, etc. All is derived as if it can only be spooned to the people by the state. It is the greatest illusion, the greatest superstition, as Larken Rose is so precisely helping his readers to understand. The state is far exceeding the reach into humanity than religion alone ever could.The state's system of indoctrination turns the government into the people's metaphorical parents and the people into a compliant and dependant immature mass.

Most people, to my amazement, want to be ruled

This is a symptom of dysfunction. I would much rather buy a television set than to make one on my own because the effort:yield disparity between the two options is enormous if my life's joys and work are not an integral part of the process of making a television set. By this same token, somebody who has been abused rather than nurtured to developed into somebody capable of thinking, negotiating, and making decisions for themselves similarly yields these acts to those who claim the ability to do it for them.

This is why child abuse is so damaging. EVERYBODY is trying to rule on some scale. Why, as I post this, I'm indirectly thinking for others. A healthy person might find value in something I say and choose to assimilate it. However, the dysfunctional might say, "I don't want to think about it and that sounds right, so I'll just go with that." In other words, there is NO SHORTAGE of people trying to think for others, which is why it's paramount that a parent treat their child with love and care that they may be strong of self enough to weather this perpetual storm. Does that make sense?

EVERYBODY is trying to rule on some scale.

To be generous to ourselves I think we are using discussion to help form and better our thinking, by striving to consolidate and express our own thoughts and then by exposing them to the appraisal and correction of others (as indeed you say of yourself in your truth tag-line).

Yes, among healthy people, it manifests as constructive discourse. This doesn't change the fact that by posting that adjustment/correction, you were resisting my effort to define something while pushing yours on anybody that reads it. We wouldn't discuss ideas if we felt powerless to alter others. I'm not saying that our participation in this is nefarious, just pointing out that "want to be ruled" is dysfunction and how.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.