An ex nihilo derivation of existence ...

EBTX

Back in 1962 (age 14 - raised Catholic), I decided to reason out the answer to the question "Why did God make me?". It took two weeks of wrestling to come to the momentous conclusion that ... "It's all b---s---. The whole thing. Wow!".

Many of you can empathize with my feeling of magnificent elation at having relieved myself of the 'awful burden'. What a joy it was to be free of all that. But I had no comprehensive theory of what we are or why we exist at all ... just the understanding that no one else did either.

I therefore set to task the goal of figuring out ... the logical structure of physical existence from nothing ... and have been diligently at work on my subject for the past 51 years having expended several tens of thousands of hours thereto and yet again several tens of thousands of hours more on diverse other topics ... many having little to do with the aforementioned.

I labor alone finding no others of similar interest. There are those who are interested in causal principles but none to the degree that they would actually make of it a life's work. I mean here ... people who actually scale the mountain as opposed to those merely looking upon it or those with but a foot up. There are however, many 'commentators' on hypothetical principles. 

Imagine a sheet of typing paper, single spaced, normal font size. In theory, a short summary of the fundamental principles of existence could be fitted in this area. We can be certain that the putative 'explanation' would not contain words like Africa, table saw and onion ... these being too complex and ... derivative from the fundamentals. But it would probably contain words like point, line, plane, field, motion, expand, contract, rotate, mass, time, space ... etc.

Armed with such concepts and all the facts discovered by physics to act as guideposts upon which to string my net, I have my foot securely in the door so to speak.

I made a video concerning the general principles I deal with including elementary calculations and geometric / logical descriptions of the various parameters known to operate in and on matter. It isn't seen much, due to YouTube's use of an age parameter in the placement of videos in the "Suggested Videos" display to the right of the watched video. That is, if your video is not in the 'suggested' display you're not likely to be seen ... unless by search or word of mouth.

I invite you to take a look. You will, undoubtedly, not agree with it in general but I can confidentally assert that no explanation at all is possible unless it also deals with the subjects there presented.

You will find no other extant information on this subject for ... the best that's been mustered by religion is ... "God did it" - (a First Cause without details) ... and that of science ... "Chance did it" - (quantum fluctuation - eschewing causality with some a posteriori details).

If you make it to the end of the video, you are a real 'trooper'. I apologize in advance for the conceptual density of the video but fluffing it up would make it way too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi EBTX,

I watched your video twice and I think it is a remarkable theory.  I had a discussion with one of my friends once about where he thought the universe came from, and he told me he thought it came from nothing, which is zero, which is one thing, which makes two, just as you talked about.  He didn't have anything further than that, but I thought was an interesting idea.

Another theory that I've heard is that zero can be thought of as the addition of all positive and negative values.  Kind of like how white light is all colors mixed, zero would be all values mixed. 

I don't have too much to add to your theory, but I have a couple of questions and comments about it, if you are interested.

1. Does the magnetic interaction, as you describe it - a twist in the alpha field, account for the "wrapping around" of magnetic field lines?  Here's a picture of what I mean.  The field lines curve at the sides of the magnet.  It seems like a twist in the alpha field would go straight only.

Posted Image

2.  If there is an alpha field, then the universe is built with predefined cardinal directions.  Because the field doesn't wholly rotate, there is are 3 axes.  It seems like these directions would manifest in some form.  If you are familiar with crystallography at all, this would be like anisotropy in strength along different crystallographic directions.  Maybe this is what the purpose of "slop" is?

3.  Where do logic and chaos come from?  Are they "real" things?  

4.  I also watched your video on consciousness.  You describe consciousness as existing in some sort of phase space.  I was wondering how that comes out of nothing?  Have you merged these two theories?

Thanks for making your videos.  It is really enjoyable for me to encounter new and challenging ideas, and your theories certainly have those qualities.  By the way, my favorite part of your theory is that it is testable.  If we could make that UFO drive, it would be huge!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.