Reply with quote and cut and paste don't work.

lee1138

Do you have any script blocking options for IE11? If you're willing to sacrifice source name in the quote header, blocking scripts for this site will give you a sort of plain code quote that can be copy and pasted.

[EDIT]
I tried to make a demonstration, but it preserved the author header. So perhaps I'm referring to a drawback that has since been corrected. Anyways, if you block scripts, you'll get a plain code quote that you can copy and paste.

As I recall, there's no real workaround from the user's end except to work in bbcode...

Which in the long run is preferable to all the tedium of the styled editor. It's a breeze to quote multiple people and trim quotes in unstyled (BBCode) mode.

I thought about using chrome.. But I have everything set the way I like it in IE... <sigh> 

as far as script blocking goes, I can put the website into the untrusted zone and that will prevent it from displaying anything more than basic html.

I thought about using chrome.. But I have everything set the way I like it in IE... <sigh> 

I can relate to this a great deal. How do you know that you wouldn't be able to recreate the experience in Chrome? When I made the switch to Chrome, most of the differences I noticed (coming from Firefox), I either grew to enjoy or was able to counteract by way of extensions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.