Alpha male jealousy.

aFireInside

A while back I posed a thread

http://board.freedomainradio.com/topic/38435-why-do-guys-hate-justin-beaver-so-badly/?hl=justin

About why guys hate on justin B .

It got allot of negative comments and then stef posted some videos on this. He also got allot of negative ratings and comments.

People told me this isn't a philosophical topic.

After the dust settled can we admit there is some alpha male jealousy ?

I don't think Alphas could ever admit what they are experiencing is jealousy, because that is to admit the Alpha position in the hierarchy as a whole, can be challenged, or can change with the culture.  Alpha status requires a sort of oblivion to the impact you have on others.  In the video above he's talking about Beta/Zeta jealousy of the Alpha, I think?  Beiber hate makes total sense in this light--because here you have a very young, androgynous boy in an Alpha position--imagine what that does to the mindset of the burly guy who still considers himself and 'his type' as the rightful Alphas in society.  That's my take anyway.  What do you think?

I get "alpha maled" all the time by other guys that feel insecure - especially when there are women around.  It's super annoying, and I wish those guys could empathize with how they are portraying themselves to others.  I've gotten into the habit of saying "dude, don't alpha-male me".  I guess these guys see themselves as alphas, and people like me as some sort of threat to their position because I don't have to put on a show.

Managing that kind of insecurity is an awful burden.

I don't think Alphas could ever admit what they are experiencing is jealousy, because that is to admit the Alpha position in the hierarchy as a whole, can be challenged, or can change with the culture.  Alpha status requires a sort of oblivion to the impact you have on others.  In the video above he's talking about Beta/Zeta jealousy of the Alpha, I think?  Beiber hate makes total sense in this light--because here you have a very young, androgynous boy in an Alpha position--imagine what that does to the mindset of the burly guy who still considers himself and 'his type' as the rightful Alphas in society.  That's my take anyway.  What do you think?

By alpha male jealousy i mean that normal guys are jealous at the alpha male. In this case Justin.

I agree with you totally. I felt hated when i posted this topic, i really started thinking i was doing something wrong. Then after hearing stef talking about i got re assurance. 

I get "alpha maled" all the time by other guys that feel insecure - especially when there are women around.  It's super annoying, and I wish those guys could empathize with how they are portraying themselves to others.  I've gotten into the habit of saying "dude, don't alpha-male me".  I guess these guys see themselves as alphas, and people like me as some sort of threat to their position because I don't have to put on a show.

Right i seen this happen, its so primitive it reminds me of National Geographic. 

Holy eff dude, tell me about it. I get it a lot, and it recently cost me a close friendship. I've had run-ins with my boss (and one another boss many jobs ago). One of the trickiest things I've had to manage. Bloody ridiculous.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.