I prefer polytheism

domehouse

I'm casting my vote to also have Polytheism over Judaic religion AND Atheism - whether it's "true" or not. We don't ask a poet for scientific proof that the words he uses were correct to some objective criteria, but it moves us all the same.

Thread so far is tl:dr for me. Sorry to everyone who posted beforehand. Normally I avoid threads I don't fully read, but I couldn't stop myself.

P.S. An interesting political theorist/essayist/author who is selling this idea (specifically the return to indigenous local Pagan wisdom) is Tom Sunic. I think his ideas are well-worth digesting.

I'm casting my vote to also have Polytheism over Judaic religion AND Atheism - whether it's "true" or not. We don't ask a poet for scientific proof that the words he uses were correct to some objective criteria, but it moves us all the same.

Well you can't but poems and gods in the same category.Poets use words metaphorically to communicate, if a poet says "tree of knowledge" he or she is not saying that knowledge factually grows in trees right?Religions do not use their gods as metaphors, when they talk about omnipotent superhuman beings that we can't reach using our senses, they mean that quite literally.We don't need proof that knowledge grows on trees because we all know it is not meant literally, but gods are, so we need proof.

I'm casting my vote to also have Polytheism over Judaic religion AND Atheism - whether it's "true" or not.

I don't follow. Is whether polytheism, judais religion, or atheism is true something we can alter by "casting our vote"? How can a truth claim delivered with the caveat of "whether it's true or not" be taken seriously?

But where is your proof?  Without proof, I take religion as seriously as the tooth fairy.  And there is never any proof. The various ancient gods are just as ridiculous as the current popular ones.

The proof is in the phrase as above so below

If we find hierarchy in our material world from the top down there is one in the ethereal.

As we suspect, there is a lot more in the universe than what our limited senses cans see and feel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.