FDR in other languages

aleles

Hi all,

Are there any FDR resources that are translated/adapted to other languages? Or maybe there are friendly international groups that mirror the content?

I am specifically interested in the Russian market. For best results it would require dubbed or native videos (no CC) and VK (Russian Facebook) for social promotion.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks guys! I'd like to translate FDR materials to Russian and I agree it will take as many years as it took to create it, so the books or some other synopsis of the core ideas would be a good start. I see a "Best of FDR list" here http://emergingrenaissance.wordpress.com/best-of-freedomain-radio/ Is this the only such "best hits" list? Is there a torrent to download them all at once?

I haven't decided on the form yet. I am leaning more towards a resource with the content adapted to the Russian history, politics, news etc. Do you know what would be the proper way to reference FDR if for example I produce a podcast in Russian based on Stefan's ideas with my own thoughts added?

Well, as Stef has said, he can't do this forever.  And, he definitely can't do this in every language.  Ultimately, people who can express these ideas well in another language might want to consider their own podcasts in that language.  If someone hadn't translated Bastiat, I would have missed out on some great arguments against the State.  It would be nice to see FDR franchise and take peaceful parenting and voluntaryism to the rest of the world.

I'm interested in how others do it in any language. It'd be a good example on how to approach this massive task of starting FDR in a new language.

I assume mentioning FDR when you podcast closely to the original Stef's ideas would suffice... along with sending all bitcoin donations to Stef :)

• 2 weeks later...

Even if you guys weren't translating, simply repeating this information in your languages I think would be a big plus. Making youtube videos of yourself explaining it, or voicing over Stef in the corresponding language for videos you really like (it's done in German over at freiwilligfrei.de).

I really feel that the freedom movements/information explosion happening on earth right now is primarily happening in English. On one hand this is really good, as English is more or less the international language of the world right now, but on the other hand we're leaving out A LOT of people who otherwise don't have access to all the information that various people and groups have been spewing forth into the internet the last decade or so.

So yea, Russian, French, whatever! This stuff needs to get out into whatever languages it can.

-in German: FreiwilligFrei.de is strongly infuenced by FDR and they have also translated lots of Stef's videos:

youtube.com/user/FreiwilligFrei

-in Polish: some of Stef's most popular videos with Polish subtitles:youtube.com/user/kiziorgdyoutube.com/user/libertarianskie

• 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.