What are you listening to right now?

cynicist

Pretty much every forum I've ever visited has had this thread so I'm surprised I didn't see it here. We do have a liberty-themed one but I thought this one would be fun for people who just want to share whatever happens to be tickling their earbuds in the moment.

I'll start :) (youtube links are encouraged, you can embed them by just pasting the youtube link into the chatbox)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much every forum I've ever visited has had this thread so I'm surprised I didn't see it here. We do have a liberty-themed one but I thought this one would be fun for people who just want to share whatever happens to be tickling their earbuds in the moment. I'll start :) (youtube links are encouraged)  Bear McCreary - Kara Remembers

Most excellent composition, I've never heard of the guy before.I've been listening to this Dj. It reminds me of the stuff they use to play on Toonami.  

Burn by Ellie Gouling

For as long as I can remember, I've always preferred studio recordings over liver performances. The one person that stands out against that trend for me is Ellie Goulding. After seeing

, I find the studio version just horrible by comparison.

You picked the worse time to ask what I'm listening to. Lately, my 1999 version of Winamp has had all my old Insane Clown Posse and Twiztid queued up. Nostalgiac reasons mostly.

Oh and I cannot pass up an opportunity to praise Ladytron!

I've been listening to this Dj. It reminds me of the stuff they use to play on Toonami. 

Very chill, I like it. Electronic music happens to be the largest part of my collection because of the variety. 

Something I've been addicted to recently:

XXYYXX - About Youhttp://youtu.be/v-A1NyhwoiU

This artist was a caller on

. I normally dislike rap/hip-hop as most of the time the lyrics are about stupid thug culture stuff but this guy is talented and thoughtful.

If you would be interested in intelligent rappers check out artists/groups such as Immortal Technique, Hail Mary Mallon, Aesop Rock, Capital Steez, Yasin Bey(Mos Def), Common & Fugees.

If you would be interested in intelligent rappers check out artists/groups such as Immortal Technique, Hail Mary Mallon, Aesop Rock, Capital Steez, Yasin Bey(Mos Def), Common & Fugees.

Thanks for sharing but I'm already familiar with them, unfortunately there just aren't that many.  

Here's one of my favorite D&B tracks.

For as long as I can remember, I've always preferred studio recordings over liver performances. The one person that stands out against that trend for me is Ellie Goulding. After seeing

, I find the studio version just horrible by comparison.

You picked the worse time to ask what I'm listening to. Lately, my 1999 version of Winamp has had all my old Insane Clown Posse and Twiztid queued up. Nostalgiac reasons mostly.

Oh and I cannot pass up an opportunity to praise Ladytron!

No fan of Eminem i guess :)

Lol, why, because of the friction between him and ICP? I don't get into all that stuff. Yeah, I like almost all of Eminem's early stuff. In fact, when it's chilly enough for a hat, but not a thick coat, I can often be seen simultaneously wearing a Shady hoodie and ICP stocking cap. I always wondered if anybody would notice the supposed contradiction with that.

Marty Friedman used to play for Megadeth during the 90s. During that time, one of his solo projects was released in 1992 under the title Scenes. It is an instrumental album filled with plenty of beautiful guitar-led melodies with a very evident Japanese/Far East flavor (especially the first 20 minutes of the album)

For me, it has a melancholic and introspective sound. It makes me feel very vulnerable and transparent at times, as if my emotions were being show on stage for everyone to see. Also, at times, the songs reach a climax where all the emotions being expressed seem to be so immense that they explode and almost materialize (and sometimes they do, in the form of tears)

Tracklist:

0:00 - Tibet
2:35 - Angel
6:14 - Valley of Eternity
14:28 - Night
21:07 - Realm of the Senses
26:49 - West
32:24 - Trance
34:20 - Triumph

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.