What are you listening to right now?

cynicist

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad others are contributing to the thread, it's nice to get a sense of the types of music people are into here! :D

Here's an energetic dubstep track that I love.

And here is some Spanish hip-hop, originally heard this on Breaking Bad and it's really catchy.

You reminded me of another beautiful song from her newest album:

Haha that's the album I'm currently listening to, and where that orchestral track comes from. It's a nice piece of work for sure. Also thanks for the introduction to Bliss N Eso, just grabbed two albums based on that song you posted. (quality hip-hop is hard to find imo)

And now I feel obligated to link another song so I will :P

One of my favorite D&B tracks:

If anyone gets a chance, I highly recommend this concept album, released in 1984, by the wonderful and incomparable Tony Carey.

If you listen to the whole thing and really pay attention to they lyrics, I promise you won't be disappointed. :)

Please feel free to message me if you listen to it, I LOVE talking to people about pink world.

Also, in light of all the crazy messed up relationships that have been on the call in shows lately, I've made my way back to some nostalgic music, and found this gem that I really connect with; blasting it right now. 

Edited by James Dean

Stefan and the FDR team produce so much content I barely have time to listen to anything else these days. 

Right now I'm listening to Feminist Straw woman attacks! and I'm running out of time to finish it tonight.  I'm probably not going to get caught up before more content is available on the podcast feed. 

I need to up my contribution status to gold.  Silver isn't enough to cover all this content I'm getting inundated with. 

Ellie Goulding wrote this song about the difficulties when on the quest for love. Unplugged live performance.

Shes a lover with a chemical heart,
Only ever talks about the obvious part.

The place was empty, now its body heat heart.
Only hear a few words telling me what it felt like.

In the morning shes as good as unaffected,
But her face moves less than it ought to.

And everyones just gone quiet.

Only in it for the post card picture.
Only in it for the smoke of the gun.

Who'd want to find love?
Its not as if we know what to look for, looking out but not sure.

Fun thread. Although it's not music, I'm currently listening to Beyond This Horizon [a science fiction novel] by Robert A. Heinlein.  :thumbsup:

(Press "Play Audio Sample", under the cover image.)

http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/Beyond-This-Horizon-Audiobook/B002V8KZTA?productID=BK_ADBL_000880

Topics Included: The meaning to life, Post-humanism, economics, libertarianism.  :woot:

I was first introduced to Peaches via a South Park episode. I went to check out her work, but thought it was mostly trashy. The other day, my parents were watching a movie that I could hear one song playing that was quite captivating. I asked what movie it was and began combing over the soundtrack. Was surprised to find it was

I thought I'd check out more of her work and was stunned to come across this gem:

. Back in the early 2000's, I listened to a lot of vocal trance on Digitally Imported. This was such a well-arranged throwback to that time for me that I was actually breathtaken during one of my relistens of it. I didn't realize she could sing! And apparently she does most of the instrument work and production herself too. Just try not to mind the dysfunction ;)

I gave a presentation on Finnish black metal as a task for my course and listened the first quarter of the year quite intensively extreme metal. Sargeist finally made a perfect album:

Oh man no joke, that is pretty intense. I used to be into melodic death metal when I was younger, stuff like In Flames / Disarmonia Mundi, and though a part of me still enjoys them the music comes across a lot harsher to my ears than it used to. 

Last month I've been discovering electronic music since I wanted something hugely new. Digitally Imported has been a great guide to different genres.

My favorite part about electronic music is how varied everything is, and it's only becoming more and more distinct. It's funny to me that I can love certain subgenres like dubstep but not like things like the majority of trance for example. Since this has been my addiction as far as music goes, I'd be particularly interested if you came back with some ideas of what you like in the genre, and share some of the music here :)

Lana Del Rey remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZEelDbdzOs

I usually hate "trap" style dubstep but this one is pretty catchy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.