Los Angeles: A City In Decline?

Alan C.

A City In Decline? '2020′ Report Paints Bleak Future For LA

KNX 1070′s Ed Mertz reports several pressing issues cited by the commission include poor economic development, traffic, a declining school system, budgetary cuts and deficits, rising pension costs and other factors that have contributed to the city's current fiscal condition.Commissioners focused specifically on slow job growth and stagnant wages that have left about 28 percent of working Angelenos at the poverty level.... . .The report also describes the Los Angeles Unified School District as a “failing” public school system that will graduate less than 60 percent of its 640,000 students from high school despite a $7.1 billion budget.

Los Angeles has been in decline for 50 years (starting in the 1960s) as a result of the "Great Society" and other left-liberal policies. It has been plagued by welfare parasitism, bureaucracy, an anti-business climate, police corruption, and government malfeasance. LA used to be a shining jewel on the West coast. Now, many neighborhoods are dirty, dilapidated, and unsafe.

I think crime has improved a lot since the 1990s, when I grew up there, and there were the Rodney King riots, Rampart police department, korean street gangs, bloods and crips.  Now it is completely controlled by the gang network MS13.  Businesses are impossible to open.  Employment is a huge issue.  Hollywood is moving away.  Legalized marijuana is its saving grace, economically.  Northern California has seen a an increase in property value, as a result.

Los Angeles is a police state.  I literally saw a police division TANK parked outside my wealthy suburban neighborhood.  One city inside LA, called Reseda, has an entire community behind metal gates with 24/7 cameras on everyone.  Every fart in your car is a $500 ticket plus driving school.  The people suck too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.