Is Global Warming really God?

tasmlab

This is half-baked, so I apologize in advance.

I was just reading some batshit commentary on the upcoming "Noah" movie starring Russel Crowe.

In the Noah story, people are bad, refuse to reform, so God uses the weather to kill them all.

In Global Warming, bad people are ruining the Earth (the consumers, the greedy, the selfish, the profiteers), so the threat is that we'll eventually be wiped out by the weather.

Are the parallels by accident?  Am I just seeing Jesus in the toast?  Or does the global warming story reflect a morality tale that folks gravitate to?

Yes. God hates us. He's all loving, but a bit narcissistic. Since we're waning on our adoration for him he's going to wipe us out and start over... Plus he hates the gays... 

(/sarc)

Human's are incapable of doing sufficient harm to the environment to be anything more than a foot note. There has never been, nor will there ever be any proof for a vengeful god or any god for that matter. The closest stretch I'll even remotely accept is the idea that there is a central, connective energy force for a lack of a better term. Science is getting closer to explaining that and once explained I doubt anyone will call it god. 

One of my favorite quotes basically says it all - there are two types of people. Intelligent people without religion and religious people without intelligence. Do you think it's any coincidence that they want you to take everything on faith and not to question anything? 

This human guilt for consuming resources, greedily exploiting the Earth goddess's productivity, and potentially killing her as a result is just the new original sin. The rib woman talking to a snake for a new generation.

And it's awful that the incentive given to act like a good person is out of guilt for imaginary sins. What kind of effect this could have an a child's self esteem, for example. Not good...

Environmentalism is the new state religion and this way they can combine religion and state.

And it's awful that the incentive given to act like a good person is out of guilt for imaginary sins. What kind of effect this could have an a child's self esteem, for example. Not good...

On the contrary. It's been my observation that "green" folks are the most artificially self-righteous people in the world. They cannot explain the actual problems or where they come from, but they are certain that they are better than you because they "care."

On the contrary. It's been my observation that "green" folks are the most artificially self-righteous people in the world. They cannot explain the actual problems or where they come from, but they are certain that they are better than you because they "care."

I don't see how that's contrary to what I said. I completely agree with what you said...

Dr Robert Nelson of the University of Maryland argues that environmentalism is a modern form of religion.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FreedomainRadioVolume5/~3/nqz8hvrl6TU/FDR_1629_dr_robert_nelson_environmentalism_as_religion.mp3

Incidentally, I was just reading a wiki about the Noah film and looking at the response.  (I don't pay much attention to this stuff any more).

Should I be surprised and shocked that people aren't talking about the fact that God engaged in genocide?  Or that even if you think people decide to die (I know bad assumption to start with but lets go with it for now) that drowning is an incredibly inhumane and horrible way to die. Not to mention the children, the babies...  what did they do?

I know, I shouldn't be shocked any more but still...  People really don't think...  I know, I know...

Dr Robert Nelson of the University of Maryland argues that environmentalism is a modern form of religion.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FreedomainRadioVolume5/~3/nqz8hvrl6TU/FDR_1629_dr_robert_nelson_environmentalism_as_religion.mp3

Incidentally, I was just reading a wiki about the Noah film and looking at the response.  (I don't pay much attention to this stuff any more).

Should I be surprised and shocked that people aren't talking about the fact that God engaged in genocide?  Or that even if you think people decide to die (I know bad assumption to start with but lets go with it for now) that drowning is an incredibly inhumane and horrible way to die. Not to mention the children, the babies...  what did they do?

I know, I shouldn't be shocked any more but still...  People really don't think...  I know, I know...

I was in a forum explaining how god committed genocide in the Ark story and that he must have his own morality.  A Christian told me the genocide didn't compare to the genocide we have going on now against the aborted unborn.  I then asked about the unborn babies in the wombs of mothers drowned in the flood, and if god was cool with that.    I didn't get a response.

(Apparently I'm spending some high quality time on the Internet when not at FDR)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.