Has Stefan done any video/podcast on logics/reasoning/argumentation study?

5 members have voted

1. 1. has stefan done some work explaining argumantation and reasoning processes?

• no
    • yes (point it out please)

i went on through the videos and podcasts and cant find something adressing specificaly logics and argumentation. i mean, some material on the actual study of logics and reasoning, you know, like what's an argument, a statement, a fallacy, what kinds of it are there and so on..

could you help me? i'm new here so i'm still kinda lost..

thanks!

Introduction to Philosophy Series

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC1647D7F937DDE7A

Logical Fallacies Series

Part 1 & Part 2

Productive Debates Series

Part 1 & Part 2

Concepts Series

Part 1 & Part 2 & Part 3

Notable Podcasts

FDR280 How Do You Know?

FDR582 Debating Amateurs

FDR1327 Debating Tips

Also, there is some epistemology in the free books Real Time Relationships and Universally Preferable Behavior.

Also, welcome to the boards! :)

I would highly recommend the Introduction to Philosophy series. Changed my life. It brings so much structure, order, and certainty to your knowledge and thoughts. It is as if my brain completely restructured itself within the last three years.

Also, this might sound weird, but when driving talk to yourself out loud about philosophy. Make up theories, convey arguments you've heard before, explain science, talk about anything. It really helps in developing your communication abilities, while also really refining your thoughts and ideas. I know I make a lot of simple connections that are extremely useful in my comprehension through explaining an idea. Take bad arguments you've heard and deconstruct them, figure out why they are wrong. You are likely to identify fallacies and other errors without learning about them.

Also, this might sound weird, but when driving talk to yourself out loud about philosophy. Make up theories, convey arguments you've heard before, explain science, talk about anything.

Haha. I do this too, although usually not out loud.

I heard a quote somewhere before that goes something like "if you can't explain an idea to a child, you don't really understand it" or something to that effect. So, often I imagine myself explaining theories to myself as if I were another person who had never heard the idea before. Most of the time my explanations aren't to my own satisfaction, and in so doing, discover what it is I don't yet know, but wish to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, this might sound weird, but when driving talk to yourself out loud about philosophy. Make up theories, convey arguments you've heard before, explain science, talk about anything. It really helps in developing your communication abilities, while also really refining your thoughts and ideas. I know I make a lot of simple connections that are extremely useful in my comprehension through explaining an idea. Take bad arguments you've heard and deconstruct them, figure out why they are wrong. You are likely to identify fallacies and other errors without learning about them.

Not weird at all, at least not to me. Also good for role-playing and walking through scenarios you may encounter.

It's how I prefer to think and mull things over: out loud. Talking myself and my parts through the reasoning, accepting rebuttals and weighing the arguments. Let's just say you wanted to sit next to me during exams.  :thumbsup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.