FDR's Most Memorable Videos (Subjective)

Some of my favorite YouTube videos by FreeDomainRadio.

Schooools Out For Evah! Unschooling with Dayna Martin (Great Interview)

Dayna and Stefan seem to be on the same wavelength, Stefan’s jokes are funny and the two delve into their shared interest of unschooling. They seem like two relaxed musicians having a jam session.

Libertopia (Passionate Speech Inside Car)

Stefan is relaxed and at the same time passionate for his topic. He seems to improvise and his train of thought changes directions as soon as he finds new arguments on the fly. It’s also a great view into the beginnings of the channel in 2006.

How to Succeed at Online Dating! (Funny)

You can see Stefan’s sense of humor at play when he delves into OK Cupid dating profiles.

Screw Talent! (Empowering)

Great video to stop passively sitting, watching and start doing. Some insights into how Stefs developed his debating and philosophy skills.

Let's Play Capture the Flag! (Stefan Plays Unreal Tournament)

A philosopher displaying dexterity and programing knowledge while shooting at tanks and simulated people. It's a memorable video because it seems strange to me that Stefan would indirectly promote this militaristic game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vowJ2Y8pq7U

The Mythology of the Working Mom (Confrontation)

Stefan hosts the Peter Schiff Show and talks to a mother who thinks it is possible to be a good mom while working at the same time. It’s interesting to see him talking to an FDR outsider with opposing views. The call starts at 38m 19s.

http://youtu.be/ORCOn97I2ko?t=38m19s

Parenting Suuuucks! (Arguments To Become A Full Time Parent)

Stefan gives an account of the difficult life of the average statist parents.

The Stateless Society - An Examination of Alternatives (Stefan’s First Article)

Stefan reads the first article he posted on LewRockwell.com in 2005. It’s a great article. When I posted this video on Facebook I got two likes, which are more likes than I expected. One like from a Baptist and one like from a business woman in Hong Kong.

FDR 1100 - Song: You Gave Your Brain to Freedomain (Singing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ1zb2D8SEE

No replies to this yet? Alright, I'll reply.

Freaks, Geeks, and Parents 

"One of the great problems with self-esteem is mistaking the accidental for the personally virtuous"  

"You don't want to place your self-esteem in accidental characteristics you may have." 

"People who have artificially high self-esteem, they can't relate on an intimate, equal, humanitarian level with other people, because other people are tools that they can use to keep flapping; to maintain their artificially high self-esteem. They can only look at people as objects to be used to maintain their grandiosity" 

"This gap is really really painful, because this gap is the exploitation of the parent, for their own narcissistic needs. So the child who has low self-esteem, is using the child with high self-esteem to keep that child's self-esteem low, because if that child starts to float up, he's going to hit this pain of my parents have kept me down, my parents have pushed me down, my parents have humiliated me, and this can take a million different forms. But this child needs to maintain the low self-esteem because otherwise they get a sense of, or begin to understand emotionally, which they already do deep down, just how much they've been exploited by their parents." 

"... Both groups are victimizing each other. These guys are victimizing these guys, these guys are also victimizing these guys as well. And it's complicated, right? If we worship someone, we freeze them in that particular area. If we praise somebody, we tend to reinforce that behavior. By these kids, being obsessed and sorta worshipping these kids, are keeping these top kids frozen, which is kinda like a vengeance? But what neither of these kids want to do is get to the healthy middle ground. Because the moment that these kids start to make this journey, their parents are going to oppose it violently. The moment either of these two extremes tries to go to the middle and become healthy, the parents are going to attack them. Because if they go towards the middle, not only are they exposing the past exploitation of the parents, but they are also not serving the narcissistic needs of the parents."

The video reminds me of this:

http://www.returnofkings.com/17646/why-there-will-always-be-a-sexual-double-standard

So instead of worshipping popular kids, celebrities, and studs, we give them the finger! we stop worshipping them and focus instead on improving ourselves. Occasionally giving them the finger... since it's fun. 

Anyways, Freaks and Geeks was similar to when Stef went to highschool? I've watched the first episode (it's on YT), it's the "the ridiculously beta male gets the attractive female without changing or improving himself" kinda show that makes my testicles hurt. And then there's the "attractive female who plays the loser girl even though she's attractive, but if they actually had a loser girl no one would give her sympathy, and she gets to tame the wild, alpha male and he shows his sensitive side but if that happened in real life the girl would lose attraction for him" sort've thing as well. But I'll watch it since Stef likes it. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Danger of Being an Alpha Male
An absolutely hilarious talk with a man in his sexual prime. Interesting, entertaining, and plain funny.

Sex for Resources | The Most Honest Modern Woman You Will Ever Hear!
The title says it - the most honest woman you will ... hear in a long time. Interesting and entertaining.

The Truth About Elliot Rodger
The makings of a mass murderer. An innocent child turning into a total fanatic.
Stefan is his calmest I have ever seen, and appropriately so. A powerful video containing lots of peaceful parenting teachings, seen over 600k times.

Taken from my playlist

I would like to see this thread going as I always enjoy watching FDR videos that others recommended!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.