Get Woody Harrelson on the show - he is an anarchist

GYre0ePJhZ

I thought I would throw it out there as something to pursue for FDR.

Some interesting quotes I found through his wiki page:

"I was getting into theology and studying the roots of the Bible, but then I started to discover the man-made nature of it. I started seeing things that made me ask, 'Is God really speaking through this instrument?' ... My eyes opened to the reality of the Bible being just a document to control people. At the time I was a real mama's boy and deeply mesmerized by the church."

DETAILS: So you dislike Democrats as much as you dislike the GOP?Woody Harrelson: It's all synchronized swimming to me. They all kneel and kiss the ring. Who's going to take on the oil industry or the medical industry? People compare Obama to Lyndon Johnson, but I think a better comparison is between Obama and Nixon. Because Nixon came into office saying he was going to pull out of Vietnam, and then he escalated the war. A lot of us were led to believe that Obama was the peace president, but there are still, I think, 70,000 troops in Afghanistan. Corporations like Grumman are so powerful that—I don't know, is this the kind of s--- we want to talk about? It's making me depressed.

DETAILS: Do you want to get more involved in politics?Woody Harrelson: No. I don't believe in politics. I'm an anarchist, I guess you could say. I think people could be just fine looking after themselves.

One thing I've been thinking about celebrities and this show.. Let them come by all means, but let them come. :)

I can certainly appreciate that sentiment. At the same time, look how popular the show got just by crossing paths with Joe Rogan. I think spreading philosophy further without compromising philosophy is a win for the entire human race :)

Neat find! I respected him for his acting ability of course but those quotes make him sound very intelligent. I wonder if he's read any philosophy or if he just realized the contradictions on his own. His performance in True Detective as a fairly religious character is also interesting in light of that. Does it become significantly harder to do those roles knowing what he does about the bible now? 

There are anarchists and there are anarchists  I've tried to read a bit about what WH has had to say in the media but I'm still not sure what "flavor" anarchist he is.  That's the problem with Establishment Media.   All we get is spin from those guys.   I would love to hear Harrelson  on the show and furthermore I'd love for Stefan to help plant a seed into his mind of a more pure philosophy-based anarchism to whatever degree he is willing to listen.  

• 3 months later...

Interesting. Anybody see Ethos 2011? I came across just now  while googling for more information about Woody Harrelson.

It's on my list now, thanks for mentioning it. I'll report back if it's any good or not. 

Edit: It's not bad, there's plenty of info packed into an hour long movie. Seeing Woody Harrelson talking about Libertarian issues was surreal... It's geared towards people who are not already familiar with Libertarianism and focuses mostly on the evils of corporate fascism. There is a bit on money printing too but they highlight the Federal Reserve being a 'private' institution and how much influence a few rich people have behind what happens in government. 

At the end, the solution they give is for people to influence corporations by not purchasing from the abusive ones. What struck me as weird is how Harrelson kept cautioning people about keeping an open mind and not dismissing this stuff as a conspiracy theory. I thought the majority of people believed corporations were evil and in control of government already???

I hope he does come on the show if only because he looks like Stef and I like the burgeoning stereotype of 'the old, bald, white guy telling you what to do' that's popping up here and there.

Does he have a twitter? It's not like he's being interviewed by anyone who actually cares about what the thinks. This could be a nice change of pace for him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.