Launch of FDR Worldwide Meetup Event News

Melesina

I've launched an online magazine/blog designed to showcase and promote all the great Freedomain Radio Meetup gatherings that are being planned and happening among such a fantastic community of philosophical minds across the globe. The site is freedomainradiomeetup.com

We, the FDR community, are indeed spread around the world. The site will provide a central venue in which I’ll be bringing together news about FDR Meetups worldwide, both past and upcoming, as well as articles with tips on developing thriving Meetups.

Having been a member of various Meetup groups since 2006 and being an Organizer/Assistant Organizer, when I realized that Freedomain Radio has the Meetup Everywhere platform in place, I was inspired to get involved.

I'm in the Chicagoland area and we've been using Freedomain Radio Meetups (www.meetup.com/Freedomain-Radio/) to schedule our get-togethers. To promote them further, I've been using the Meet 'n Greet category on the FDR Forum and a Freedomain Radio Chicago Meetup group on facebook.

For any who aren't familiar with the difference between the Meetup.com site and Meetup Everywhere (both run by the same company), these are the fundamental differences:

• A Meetup Group is set up directly through Meetup.com and is a local community group that has regular Meetups in their town and are usually started by a local organizer (or organization) that wants to grow at a neighborhood level only. Meetup.com also costs money for the individual or organization to join.
  • Meetup Everywhere's platform is intended for a cause, movement, issue, brand, etc., with a large following of people they want to mobilize and can contact in order to promote their Meetups. This platform enables people to self-organize Meetups in their towns across the globe within one national or international movement and is free to those who wish to schedule Meetups in their area.

It is through the Meetup Everywhere platform that Freedomain Radio is able to offer to anyone within the FDR community, at no cost, the ability to schedule a local FDR Meetup in their area (www.meetup.com/Freedomain-Radio/). Yet another fantastic reason to donate money to Freedomain Radio for offering such a wonderful resource to help us find each other.

I'll be continuing to update and add more pages and articles to the freedomainradiomeetup.com site. It will be a continual work in progress, especially considering it's content concentrates on ongoing events.

It's my goal to get others involved in this project and I look forward to working with other organizers who are bringing together the FDR community in their areas! If you'd like to share news about your local Freedomain Radio Meetups, or if you're interested in contributing article(s), please contact me through PM here on FDR or at [email protected].

Thanks and I look forward to hearing the community's feedback.

I would love to see different Meetup groups in neighboring cities plan events together or meetup halfway in the middle, share ideas for what the best meetups are, and help to educate people on how to start meetups in their own cities.

This could be a great resource. :)

This is way cool :)

Thank you for setting this up!

Thanks, Kevin! :)

I would love to see different Meetup groups in neighboring cities plan events together or meetup halfway in the middle, share ideas for what the best meetups are, and help to educate people on how to start meetups in their own cities.

This could be a great resource. :)

Wes, that's exactly what I was thinking, too. I'm hoping this will be a launch pad to encourage Meetups from all over to get together and, ultimately, to get together for an annual FDR Meetup conference!

Meeting and getting together with those in the Chicagoland area has been some of the most meaningful and worthwhile time spent in my life. I envision expanding those times spent in the company of a few fellow FDR members to hundreds. This effort needs to start with us as individuals; by reaching out to each other locally and sharing our experiences together, we can begin reaching out globally.

Stef puts it best when he stated, "“If there's more that you can do, then do it. If there's not more that you can do, then be content with what you're doing. But if there is despair, the despair can only be that you can do more. Because when you're doing as much as you can do, you will not feel despair. Because despair is the gap between what you could be doing and what you are doing.” This could apply to anything in our lives and I'm applying it in my life, among other things, to bringing together FDR members to meet face-to-face.

We, the members of the Freedomain Radio community, are out there. Let's take advantage of the wonderful resource that Stefan Molyneux has provided in offering a Meetup platform to help us find each other!

"Let's show the world what the future looks like!" - Stefan Molyneux

(To me it looks like a world filled with and connected to an ever growing FDR community!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.