Oprah Uses Foreskin Face Cream - Not Exactly Accurate

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/10/oprah-skin-cream-foreskin-protest_n_3053871.html

The Ottawa Citizen says that the company, which could not be reached for comment by the newspaper on Tuesday, has previously explained that it does not use baby foreskins in the production of the cream, and “has not since the original one was used to develop the line of cells nearly two decades ago.”

Why use baby foreskin to begin with? Apparently, any soft and new baby skin would have done the trick, but foreskins were the only samples available at that time.

Why did I decide to look into this...

http://www.sdcitybeat.com/sandiego/article-7356-the-$140-million-foreskin.html

San Diego doctors have appreciated the potential of the foreskin as far back as the 19th century. As Dr. Peter Charles Remondino wrote in 1891 in The History of Circumcision, "for skin-transplanting there is nothing superior to the plants offered by the prepuce of a boy."

Neither company has acquired a prepuce in nearly 20 years: Advanced BioHealing and SkinMedica’s cells lines are both derived from a single foreskin.

So, a single foreskin...

Asked where the foreskins come from, spokesperson Tim Ingersoll responded via e-mail: “Life Technologies produces research-use only products using neonatal foreskins discarded from circumcisions with full, informed consent.”

Yeah... Can you show me the consent form with my signature on it, please?

Neither company has acquired a prepuce in nearly 20 years: Advanced BioHealing and SkinMedica’s cells lines are both derived from a single foreskin.

I read this differently: "Neither company has acquired a specimen in nearly 20 years: Advanced BioHealing and SkinMedica’s cells lines are both derived from a single (fully consensual!) infant extermination."

Also, "It's only one prepuce in nearly 20 years. It's not that bad if it makes so many women feel more beautiful and better about themselves, is it?"

“Collecting tissue from a different site would be an abnormal surgical procedure and there would be a lot of ethical issues with that.”

Any takers on where to even begin with that quote?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.