[YouTube] Fifty Shades of Brave: Living Life as a Slave - Wednesday Call In Show 6/20/2014

The YouTube video hasn't come out yet.  I just listened to this podcast. 

About an hour into the conversation, Ashley (the caller) shared that her relationship with her boyfriend is a dom/sub relationship where bondage and other non-mainstream sexual events occur. 

I only know what I've read about this type of thing. Never been in a dom/sub relationship and have no desire to do so.  My comment might be entirely inaccurate and unhelpful but I felt compelled to come to the forum and share some thoughts.

In the Dom/Sub relationship, the Dom doesn't have the final say, the Sub does.  It's the safe word.  The Sub can stop what's happening at anytime.  Ashley was describing her relationship and it occurred to me that this critical aspect of traditional Dom/Sub interaction is not present.  That’s not safe at all. 

Why would you assume they don't have a safe word when they're doing something dangerous? I know the guy sounded like bad news but I think two people immersed in that community would know to have a safe word. Maybe Ashley can comment since she's active here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.