Gay Pride is inclusive towards everyone! ... except men...

I wouldn't be too quick to tar the entire gay community or even the Pride event committee for this.  They're a tight knit community out of necessity and I'll bet dollars to donuts that there's a reactive feminist element in that committee that brought this outcome.

Goddamn feminism shit is infecting everything. The athiest community and now the gay community. What's going to be ruined next I wonder.

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/-1925451.htm

I think the article speaks for itself. I am pretty much always disgusted with how the gay community presents itself.

Wouldn't it be more just to be disgusted by how the straight community has presented it's opinion about the existence of gays?

• Downvote 1

I wouldn't be too quick to tar the entire gay community or even the Pride event committee for this.  They're a tight knit community out of necessity and I'll bet dollars to donuts that there's a reactive feminist element in that committee that brought this outcome.

You are correct and I spoke out of frustration. My experience with the gay community is that they are just as exclusive and narrow-minded as a lot of other communities except that we have "minority" status.

Goddamn feminism shit is infecting everything. The athiest community and now the gay community. What's going to be ruined next I wonder.

Wouldn't it be more just to be disgusted by how the straight community has presented it's opinion about the existence of gays?

I think in that the 1960's era of feminism that there was a large number of vocal lesbian feminists. And I'm not sure about what you mean about being disgusted with the straight community as it doesn't really exist. There are a lot of communities independent of sexuality which are predominately heterosexual, but they aren't really "heterosexual communities" (e.g. the gamer community, Christian, etc.,). Could you please clarify for me?

At the risk of sounding like a misogynist, I observed that at the most recent pride parade in Denver, which happened a couple weekends ago, there was a lot more female representations of gay pride than male. I'm not claiming that promoting gay pride means that you are gay. In fact, you don't have to be a man to promote men's rights so the same follows for gay pride. I am concerned that males, in general, are less encouraged to express their sexuality openly. You used to see virtually naked men dancing around everywhere at events like this, now it's mainly lesbian motorcycle road rallies comprised of rainbow clad vixens and butch sidekicks. Is the male body that offensive to people? What happened to the pride for men?

• 1 month later...

Fortunately none of the gay men or bi sexual men and women I know would find this acceptable. That said 'Pride' has been co opted by leftists for some time now. And Men's issues are considered as the antipathy of leftists ideals.

On a funny aside, many years ago I went to a Pride event in London and a rather acid tongued gay friend said of the droves of straight women at the event. "Oh yes, here come the fag-hags to drool over naked man flesh"

EDIT - On an interesting aside, it looks like yet another classic takeover of a male space. Pride was initially always known as 'Gay Pride' and whilst never exclusively a male event, the space quickly became adopted by women from all sides of the spectrum. These days almost dominating the event.

Given the event was largely a reaction to the Stonewall riots, where being gay was a criminal offence. Lesbianism has never been illegal, at least not in the west as far as I can tell. Which only extends my position that many women see male spaces as either having to include women or to be banned or shamed out of existence altogether. Meanwhile women get to enjoy their women only spaces with relative impunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.