I originally posted this in General discussion and there were no one commented.  It thought maybe I would get a better conversation going Under anarchy.  If not then I will drop it.  Sorry for the double post, but I does not seem possible for me to delete my original post to move it to here.

So when I as a teenager I was really into heavy metal and loved Mudvayne.  I still enjoy this music now, but I recently started actually listening to the lyrics of the songs and was completely surprised.  I am not sure if there are more hidden gems, but thissong in my mind puts all of my thoughts of anti-state into one bad ass song.  I personally consider this my anarchist theme songand it usually helps me remember that I am not alone and one day we will end the tyranny.  Because if even a bunch of young kids playing heavy metal music out of Peoria, IL can notice and speak out against the state then we all can.(they are not that young now but they were when they wrote this)

http://www.azlyrics....ne/choices.html

Does anyone else like this song and agree?  Do you have your own anarchist theme song?  Or do you know of any anarchist music in general that you would like to share with me and FDR?

Lets all rock out and fight the man together!

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple Rise Against songs I think may fit into this category, they are one of my favorite bands.

"State Of The Union"

If we're the flagship of peace and prosperity
We're taking on water and about to fuckin' sink
No one seems to notice, no one even blinks
The crew all left the passengers to die under the sea

[Chorus]
Countdown, to the very end, 
Equality, an invitation that we wont extend
Ready aim, pull the trigger now, 
In time you firmly secure your place in hell 

State of the union address, 
Reads war torn country still a mess
The words: power, death, and distorted truth
Are read between the lines of the red, white, and blue

[Chorus]

Your place in hell [x2]

'Guilty' is what our graves will read, 
No years, no family, we did 
Nothing (nothing) to stop the murder of 
A people just like us

"Bricks"

When faith alone is not enough,
To keep our heads barely above,
We look for reason and come up empty-handed.
And when our children fight our wars,
While we sit back just keeping score,
We're teaching murder not understanding now.

We're setting the fires to light the way,
We're burning it all to begin again,
With hope in our hearts and bricks in our hands,
We sing for change

The lives our buried sons have laid,
Won't cancel debts we've yet to pay,
In death, we justify anything now,
As long as we blindly obey and do exactly what they say,
We'll have no one to blame, but ourselves now.

We sing for change.

We run on the fumes of injustice,
We'll never die with the fuel that you give us,
Keep it coming 'cause I'm prepared to burn,
Keep running, find me at every turn.

Your life around,
(into something true, into something true)
So turn your life around,
(into something true, something true)

We sing for change.

If you like these songs there are some more you may be interested in.

I've always thought of Bloody Revolutions by Crass as a good anarchist theme song.

"You talk about your revolution, well, that's fine

But what are you going to be doing come the time?Are you going to be the big man with the tommy-gun?Will you talk of freedom when the blood begins to run?Well, freedom has no value if violence is the priceDon't want your revolution, I want anarchy and peaceYou talk of overthrowing power with violence as your toolYou speak of liberation and when the people ruleWell ain't it people rule right now, what difference would there be?Just another set of bigots with their rifle-sights on meBut what about those people who don't want your new restrictions?Those that disagree with you and have their own convictions?You say they've got it wrong because they don't agree with youSo when the revolution comes you'll have to run them throughYou say that revolution will bring freedom for us allWell freedom just ain't freedom when your back's against the wallYou talk of overthrowing power with violence as your toolYou speak of liberation and when the people ruleWell ain't it people rule right now, what difference would there be?Just another set of bigots with their rifle-sights on meWill you indoctrinate the masses to serve your new regime?And simply do away with those whose views are too extreme?Transportation details could be left to British railWhere Zyklon B succeeded, North Sea Gas will failIt's just the same old story of man destroying manWe've got to look for other answers to the problems of this landYou talk of overthrowing power with violence as your toolYou speak of liberation and when the people ruleWell ain't it people rule right now, what difference would there be?Just another set of bigots with their rifle-sights on meVive la revolution, people of the world uniteStand up men of courage, it's your job to fightIt all seems very easy, this revolution gameBut when you start to really play things won't be quite the sameYour intellectual theories on how it's going to beDon't seem to take into account the true realityCos the truth of what you're saying, as you sit there sipping beerIs pain and death and suffering, but of course you wouldn't careYou're far too much of a man for that, if Mao did it so can youWhat's the freedom of us all against the suffering of the few?That's the kind of self-deception that killed ten million jewsJust the same false logic that all power-mongers useSo don't think you can fool me with your political tricksPolitical right, political left, you can keep your politicsGovernment is government and all government is forceLeft or right, right or left, it takes the same old courseOppression and restriction, regulation, rule and lawThe seizure of that power is all your revolution's forYou romanticise your heroes, quote from Marx and MaoWell their ideas of freedom are just oppression nowNothing changed for all the death, that their ideas createdIt's just the same fascistic games, but the rules aren't clearly statedNothing's really different cos all government's the sameThey can call it freedom, but slavery is the gameNothing changed for all the death, that their ideas createdIt's just the same fascistic games, but the rules aren't clearly statedNothing's really different cos all government's the sameThey can call it freedom, but slavery is the gameThere's nothing that you offer but a dream of last years heroThe truth of revolution, brother................... is year zero."

One of my favorites, really gets across the predatory nature of the military recruiters (and government in general) that get these kids to do terrible shit that they then have to live with for the rest of their lives, which sadly so many of them choose to cut short.

• Upvote 1

Their new album came out today and this songs lyrics stood out to me.

"A Beautiful Indifference"

There's a struggle coming, but to conquer, first they must divide.
The machines keep humming night and day.
How are we so unaware,
Why are you not afraid?

Protests are drumming while you turn your nose and roll your eyes,
Knee-jerk reactions so ingrained.
Judging from an arm chair.

Cause there is hate and there is love and there is loss,
But there is light and there is dark, then there is us.
And whether this world burns, is none of your concern,
Caught up in a ticker-tape parade.

I have learned to stand up and just to walk away,
Sometimes the cold hearts aren't worth the love or the hate.
Learn to let go, learn to walk away.
Up from the shadows I'm seduced by the light of the flame,
But this time I'm here to stay.

Gunpowder residue, bright lights and turpentine,
True colors shining through, as we are stripped of our exteriors.

Now, cause there is hate and there is love and there is loss,
But there is right and there is wrong, then there is us.
We're falling until

We learn to stand up and just to walk away,
Sometimes the cold hearts aren't worth the love or the hate.
Learn to let go, learn to walk away.
Up from the shadows I'm seduced by the light of the flame,

Feet first into the quicksand, every day we are surrendering,
Never straying from the game plan.
I keep hoping you will take my hand and stand up.

The water's overflowing, the walls are breaking,
But I know where I'm going, that we can make it.
And there's a light still glowing and I will chase it.
And I've been lost before and I have been led astray,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.