FDR Minecraft Server

James Dean

If any board members have been infected with this time suck of a hobby, I was thinking it would be cool to have an online space to hang out with other FDR members and play my favorite game. 

I often find minecraft to be isolating, even on multiplayer, but with a community like this one, we could build a truly epic server for people to relax and socialize with other FDR members. Don't get me wrong, I love the boards, and I love talking about all the important and difficult topics, but at the end of the day, when I want to give my cortex a rest, it would be nice to have people I respect as much as you guys to play with.

I could certainly do work within the server itself, but setting that up would be a task unfit for me or my computer, so I humbly ask for the help of anyone more server literate than me. 

We could use an online server service, but then there would be the cost. 

Paying for 6 months up front (gives you a 10% discount), with a max of 15 players, would be $81.00 for vanilla or $162.00 for feed the beast. 

EDIT: just wanted to reiterate: If someone has the know how and the time to set up the server by themselves, it would be essentially free, the pay service would be if there was enough people interested but no one who was able/willing to invest in the time or the server space. 

Is there interest in something like this? Let me know what you guys think! 

I have an existing server which has a 7 gb's dedicated ram. Running on a high end dual core server chip. It's an FTB Ultimate server. Currently only one person is using it, as I rarely have the time. I can PM you the details if you and others are interested. It runs 24/7 too and enough bandwidth for up to 15 players, perhaps more even. Down time is once a week on a Monday, when I give the server a quick 15 min reboot.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.