War of All Against All

JamesP

I had this thought pop up while listening to Stef's rebuttal of Will Moyer's Salon article.

The war of All Against All is nothing new. The Christian Apocalypse myth that I was exposed to growing up speaks of a war against heaven and hell, in which all would fight against all--brother would fight against brother, children against their parents, war would be universal.
Government indoctrination just hooks into this awful, ancient myth with its warning against Anarchy.

The only possible difference between myth and indoctrination is that the myth teaches that the War of All Against All is inevitable, while Government purports to be the bulwark against that terrible war.

What do you all think?

• Upvote 3

That's really interesting.  A thought that came into my mind was that in addition to purporting to be the bulwark against such a war,  the government simultaneously trains people to attack each other and creates situations where children literally are against their parents.

To take an extreme example, I was reading a book called "Escape from camp 14", which is about, Shin Dong-hyuk, the only person ever to escape from one of North Korea's worst prison camps. Growing up he saw his mother as merely a competitor for food. In fact, He was responsible for the executions. He had snitched to a prison guard about an escape his mother and brother were planning, knowing full well that escape plans were punishable by death. He had made this trade-off to get more food and an easier job at school. When somebody attempts to escape, which usually results in death,  that whole person's family is usually taken to a prison camp and executed. 

At the same time North Koreans are told the supreme leader is protecting them against US imperialism. 

So, governments create incentives and conditions which make the myth become a reality.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.