Anarcho-Capitalist Minecraft Society

Tree Frog

So glad to see other gamers here! 

When ever I play Minecraft (Typically modded ex: Voltz) with my friends we usually split off into multiple "nations" based on our  beliefs/interests. These nations typically have 5 people living in them and will periodically go to war. The nations also have times of peace and trade with one another. 

To explain a typical game, I will have a friend that chooses to create a Communist Nation (Arstotska), another a Fascist Nation (Austratt), and me typically a Voluntarist Nation dubbed "Libertaria". All of these nations follow these economy types. For example, in my nation we have no centralized government like in the other two. Protection and services is provided by businesses and corporations. There are no Taxes, but there is a charity donation in which people donate supplies voluntarily to construct roads and build walls. Libertaria typically has the largest and wealthiest economy. However we usually lack a strong offensive but make up in defense ( Following non-aggression). We promote self-protection of property and suggest that private citizens build their own defenses if they wish. 

This is always really fun but also almost always ends in broken friendships :P LOL. My friends have an adequate knowledge of economy and government but not enough so that we can create the picture perfect idea of an anarcho-capitalist society. Crap always ends up in voting, then eventually a power grab.

I would like to try creating a society like this in either vanilla or modded to put FDRs knowledge of free-market principle and anarchy to the test. 

Would anyone be up for something like this? It would be a great learning experience to see what a voluntaryist society might look like.  

• 2 weeks later...

Oh god! I always dreamed of this!

I always wanted to set up something like this but had no experience in setting up minecraft servers, so that's a shame.

I read about HeroCraft, which is a server reformed into a mmo with a storyline, quests, levels, etc. and then I started thinking what else

one could do with Minecraft.. this was exactly my idea!

I'm in, 100% and preferably vanilla.

___

Edit: I never heard of CivCraft, but started reading their introduction, I do like these changes though.
It would change the gameplay to a more realistic side, and still have the Minecraft feel.

Posted Image

Link to the page: https://github.com/drjawa/Introduction-to-Civcraft/wiki/Absolute-Beginner-Guide-to-Civcraft#introduction

Well Anarchy means no rulers (government) not no rules. Just like 5 year olds make up rules to their backyard games without an outside party. We will operate similarly... Following the non-aggression principle and property rights.  

Sure, what about any ingame related rules we should abide by, or will we just play Minecraft everyone else does but by following the NAP and property rights? That sounds like a simple survival server where pvp and griefing is turned off :P

I think PVP and Griefing should be turned on, so that we can practice our peaceful lifestyles in Minecraft. We can regulate ourselves through the NAP.

Also, how do you even turn off griefing?

I think PVP and Griefing should be turned on, so that we can practice our peaceful lifestyles in Minecraft. We can regulate ourselves through the NAP.

Also, how do you even turn off griefing?

Good point, I like the idea of total Anarchy and we have to rely on eachother's compassion and the NAP.You could disable griefing by letting people claim land where only they can build, which most survival servers have.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.