Mind Blown = Childhood Propaganda

Kevin Beal

This is a must listen. To the degree to which this is new information is, I think, the degree of the propaganda we were made to ingest.

The following is a video series / lecture by Roslyn Rose about: treating parenting as a job, why there should be no adolescence, bringing your children with you wherever you go, why children need to live in reality, childhood self esteem, and more.

• Upvote 3

she told me she's not a huge fan of Stef because she doesn't that moralizing is productive - although I think she appreciates him advocating peaceful parenting to such a large crowd

she prefers the NVC approach of seeing social interactions in terms of peoples needs and strategies for getting them met

I am more of a "may many flowers bloom" -, I find both perspectives useful in their own right and in different situations

or often both useful in the same situation as they offer two different camera angles on the same set

Interesting lady, thanks for sharing Kevin.

I thought her criticisms of Porcfest were spot on regarding the organised chaos it always seemed for me, even from afar. I imagine she might have enjoyed a conference like Liberty far more, which is probably of a higher calibre all round.

Exemplifies rather well how patronizing we can be towards children. Or more over perhaps how we don't really listen to their needs.

Hmm, that above video is a bit silly. You can't compare an adults comprehension to a Childs. They are not as developed as adults, which is why we make that distinction.I agree with progressing age of the child you need to treat them with more respect, but in the same breath they are children and shouldn't be forced to grow up to fast.

If you think talking down to a child is age appropriate then that's where you missed the point. It's about using effective listening with the child as a means to better understanding their needs.

I don't agree with the above video at all and my follow up opinion would possibly derail this thread. So take care. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.