[][/Red] Natural Capital: Capital that sustains life.

This can include land/ecosystems, food, water, animals, and even the body (time too?). The implication here is that self-ownership is not only a foundation of responsibility for one's actions, but also a generator of other capital (what we make with our time and energy for example).

Possible currencies valuations include calories, joules (?), weight, numerical count (head of cattle for example), ppm/pH (water purity), and carbon/nitrogen/etc. (?).

[][/Red] Genetic Capital: The nature and technology that runs the agents themselves.

This includes all the most permanent features of life forms, patterns of energy and matter with some characteristics (such as reproduction).

[][/Orange] Unowned Capital: Potential Capital that is unused.

This can include other planets solar systems or resources out of our current productive reach or sphere of activity.

[][/Orange] Financial Capital: Capital that facilitates trade.

This can include physical and/or digital forms of money, credit, insurances, securities, stocks/bonds, and any other form of fiduciary contract. The implication here is that this capital acts as a middleman capital to ease economic exchange between other capitals with physical limitations (or otherwise), and account for wealth in an abstract manner.

Possible currencies valuations include price, probability percentages, shares, and... (maybe an economist can elaborate further?)

[][/Yellow] Material Capital: Capital that fuels/supplies industry.

This can include all matter of resources, tools, and infrastructure. The implication here is that this capital maintains the means of production.

Possible currencies valuations include weight/load capacity, grade (quality), production rate, tensile strength, and efficiency (energy, material, or otherwise).

[][/Green] Social Capital: Capital that denotes diplomatic capacity.

This can include your social network, recommendations/reputation/trustworthiness/influence, and legitimacy. The implication here is that who you know and who knows you can become a valuable asset (strength of connections within a network). This includes the productivity of moral standards that organize property, knowledge and contracts. This includes the ability to make complex economic arrangements, enabling stock markets and financial derivatives.

Possible currencies valuations include the number of connections, friends, and followers you have (both in your local and digital/distant neighborhood), your credit score, public opinion poll percentages, etc.

[][/blue] Cultural Aesthetic Capital: Capital that projects perception.  (meh...)

This can include art (manifested appeals to the senses), rituals, prestige, luxury, etc. The implication here is that people and things (ephemeral or enduring) have intrinsic value beyond the material, medium, or action.

Possible currencies valuations include... I dunno... provenance?  :huh: (moving on...)

[][/blue] Intellectual Capital.

Information processing ability. May also include the information storage and memory access that would enable some information processing.

[][/indigo] Human Intellectual Gnostic Capital: Capital that documents and imparts information.

This can include diplomas, reference materials, an individual's collection of experience (knowledge/wisdom etc.), personality, and language/discussion/debate. The implication here is that (applied) knowledge is power (whether esoteric or exoteric) and can inform our decisions throughout various capital transactions.

Possible currencies valuations include literacy, age (?), bytes/RAM/processing power, and informational accuracy/intelligence (error probability).

[][/Violet] Spiritual (φ) Capital: Capital that encourages self-actualization.

This can include empathy, morale/self-esteem, honor, mastery, and internal resonance (as opposed to cognitive dissonance). The implication here is that our emotions are valuable in ways like sensing a connection to others as well as an internal guidance system (for future thoughts and behaviors).

Possible currencies valuations include the emotional scale, etc. (another hard one...)

-- Discussion/Revisions --

[i look forward to hearing your thoughts.]

StylesGrant: Humanity in Capital vs. Rationality

AustinJames: Subjective vs. Objective capital, & Social/Cultural Capital overlap

GRosado: Redefine Capital, Inter- Intra- Confusion, Currency/Measurement Confusion, & Hayekian Triangle Inclusion

Josh F: Human Capital distinctions possibly unnecessary, & possible Coercive Capital/Political Capital inclusion.

Magnetic Synthetizer: Natural capital redundant to material capital. Distinction of man made vs non-man made useless. However, distinction of what is currently used and what may be useful later is more important imo.

Genetic, social and Spiritual capital.  In other words, Genetic, Memetic and the last one is simply the energy and willpower available for expansion, after overcoming personal issues. If a population has a lot of problems most energy is spent finding food etc, whereas if it has littl eproblems, energy and willpwoer is freed to occupy itself with grander-scale projects.

You could also resolve disputes by making sub categories.

Material Capital, Living Capital, Gnostic Capital, Virtue Capital

Subdivisions:

Material capital: Natural, Artificial, Owned, Unowned

Living Capital: Surplus Virtue spiritual Capital; Genetic Capital; Memetic Capital (individual and social)

Subdivisions:

1.      Material capital:

a.       Natural, Artificial,

b.      Owned, Unowned

c.       By function

i.      Information technology

ii.      Material productivity

iii.      Material Protectivity

2.      Living Capital:

a.       Surplus Virtue spiritual Capital (surplus willpower to expand  self or courage) ;

b.      Genetic Capital; (ownership of productive genes)

c.       Evolutionary Capital ( Ability to generate productive memes)

d.      Memetic Capital (knowledge of productive memes)

i.      individual

ii.       social/collective

e.       Intellectual Capital (capacity to generate productive memes)

3.      Gnostic Capital

a.       Forgotten/undecipherable

b.      Decipherable but not understood

c.       Deciphered and understood

d.      Can be arranged by distribution of population that knows it and degree that it is understood  at

e.       Categories of knowledge

i.      Economic/Moral

ii.      Scientific

iii.      Philosophical

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand what you think you are doing.

If think you have a new theory, then you need to reduce it to something. You can reduce it to something that is self evident. You can reduce it to some law of science (itself, reducible to the self evident).

Link to philosophical reduction.

http://www.iep.utm.edu/red-ism/

Took me a while to find that resource, hope it helps you like it helped me.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, Magnetic Synthesizer said:

However, I have a criticism. Financial Capital is a part of Social capital and should be absorbed by social capital. Everything you described in financial capital is either material or diplomatic cooperation. I suppose you won't have a ''legal capital'' category for notes denoting ownership and contracts, so why have an category denoting economic arrangements?

I would put natural capital into material capital. Both material and natural capital can sustain life. The distinction of man made vs non-man made is useless here. Rather, you could add ''un-owned potential capital'' for ressources useless now, but possibly useful later that are outside our sphere of activity

Thank you for your insight. :)

I don't see why "legal capital" could not be included as well, perhaps equated with "credible capital" in the model.

In a more recent version of the model, "material capital" is revised to "industrial capital"; you make a good point that both material and natural capital can sustain life. The emphasis of "natural" is probably better described as raw -- or as you pointed out "potential" -- resources, whereas "industrial capital" is the throughput for the "natural capital" input (the output could be "financial capital" for example).

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, Magnetic Synthesizer said:

Subdivisions:

Material capital: Natural, Artificial, Owned, Unowned

Living Capital: Surplus Virtue spiritual Capital; Genetic Capital; Memetic Capital (individual and social)

Ah, this could really help in the ordering of the model as well! :D

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, lorry said:

I don't understand what you think you are doing.

If think you have a new theory, then you need to reduce it to something. You can reduce it to something that is self evident. You can reduce it to some law of science (itself, reducible to the self evident).

Link to philosophical reduction.

http://www.iep.utm.edu/red-ism/

Took me a while to find that resource, hope it helps you like it helped me.

Thank you for the link; it's going to take me a few more re-reads to wrap my head around some of the passages, though I think I get the gist of it.

I think I'm developing a model that shows the various archetypes of capital and their relationships to one another.

In the link, it was mentioned that every science could be reduced to physics; in this current endeavor, does that mean that I'm reducing all possible transfers to this model of capital archetypes?

The self-evident component is similar to the periodic table of elements, circle of fifths, or the color wheel (which depicts wavelengths perceived as color and how they relate to one another).

Does that clear things up?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 3:27 AM, luxfelix said:

Thank you for the link; it's going to take me a few more re-reads to wrap my head around some of the passages, though I think I get the gist of it.

I think I'm developing a model that shows the various archetypes of capital and their relationships to one another.

In the link, it was mentioned that every science could be reduced to physics; in this current endeavor, does that mean that I'm reducing all possible transfers to this model of capital archetypes?

The self-evident component is similar to the periodic table of elements, circle of fifths, or the color wheel (which depicts wavelengths perceived as color and how they relate to one another).

Does that clear things up?

I don't think so. TBH, I think the question you are digging around is 'What is value?'.  And I think that the concept of value is being mixed in with the concept of capital to create 'archetypes', like a kind of value realism. So instead of capital being capital, and values being values, capital is transformed to capital and values, hence why it has colours to denote purpose.

I could be wrong. If not, I think you might find useful The Objectivist Ethics, it is 14:02 onward here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg4QJheclsQ

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.