Can some one help me with my Bitcoin Mining?

So I have started bitcoin mining about 3 days ago with not much success. The program I was recommended " Gui Miner" is acting very finicky (It closes when I click the gui a certain way).

Could someone please recommend me a new Mining Client? Or how to properly use this one?

With no intention of ruining anyone's fun, Bitcoin mining has long since become dominated by people using FPGAs or ASICs with much higher hashrates and much lower electricity requirements than desktop graphics cards.

Even before FPGAs and ASICs were developed, mining was generally only profitable by having access to cheap electricity and using large farms of certain GPU models that worked especially well for the task. 

So there is no client that is going to make it successful in terms of making more money from mining coins than is spent on electricity. 

With no intention of ruining anyone's fun, Bitcoin mining has long since become dominated by people using FPGAs or ASICs with much higher hashrates and much lower electricity requirements than desktop graphics cards.

Even before FPGAs and ASICs were developed, mining was generally only profitable by having access to cheap electricity and using large farms of certain GPU models that worked especially well for the task. 

So there is no client that is going to make it successful in terms of making more money from mining coins than is spent on electricity. 

I would also agree with this and I shouldn't have assumed that you had the proper hardware and knew what you were doing necessarily.

I very much advise against anyone from mining who does not know a ton about what they are going and have a couple thousand to drop on the newest mining technology.

If you are a beginner to bitcoin, you should not mine unless you have free electricity for some reason.

As it was already said in previous posts there is not much point in mining bitcoin if you don't have expensive specialized hardware at this point. The difficulty is so big you get almost nothing with just a graphics card. It is better you buy them.

If you want to see how much you get by a specific hasrate you can look at the bitcoin calculators and you can calculate in detail how much you will get. In one of them you have also the hardware and the prices for it.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.