Offering Psychotherapy over Skype

KyleC

Hello all,

I am a long-time listener of FDR who has just opened a psychotherapy practice where I see clients both in-person as well as over Skype.  I started listening to FDR back in 2010, and it had a huge impact on my life, sending me deep into the study of psychology and self-knowledge.  This study has been my major pursuit for over 4 years now.  I am currently enrolled in a Clinical Mental Health Counseling Masters program so that I can get legit in the USA, but most of my education has come from other activities.  Over the last 4 years I have around 2,000 hours of journaling focusing on understanding my deepest self, and over 800 hours in co-therapy with self-knowledge motivated aquintances.  In addition, I myself completed 2-years of weekly in-person psychotherapy, over a year ago.  I have also read widely on psychotherapy, particularly of the "humanistic" variety, and continue to study the works of other therapists, to the present.  And now I am very happy to offer to others my capacity for empathetic understanding of the personal and difficult things we so commonly, but often secretly, face in life.

As a therapist-in-training, I am offering my services at a real premium.  Easily 25-50% the standard rate of practicing therapists.  If think you might be interested in working with me, I offer a free initial consultation of 60-minutes.  If you have more questions about my services, please see my website where I discuss many details of my service, including FAQs about how I do therapy.

www.kylerchambers.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kyle

• Upvote 1

My thanks to the brave souls to tried out my services this last week.  After these initial consultations, I feel that I have learned some things and one of them being that I don't feel quite prepared to start offering therapy.  So my plan is to retool, and prepare to get things started when I return to the USA in January (the time zone difference here in Vietnam is another challenge to making this happen now).  Thanks for your interest, and I will be sure to update here when I am satisfied that I am able prepared to offer this service.

• Upvote 4

Hi Kyle. I have been listening to FDR for only about 6 months now and have found a great interest, also, in psychology and self-knowledge. It has helped particularly well in my relationship with my girlfriend. I am really interested in providing personal/relationship therapy to people, and so have been thinking about re-applying to college. I dropped out two and a half years into my undergrad with a lot of anxiety and frustration. I have been going to weekly therapy for a few months now and am eligible to have my drop-out semester waived for medical reasons. Do you have any knowledge you would be willing to pass on to me and to others looking to start a career in pyschotherapy? I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Thank you!

Mark

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I am happy to announce that I will be restarting my Skype therapy service next week, after I return to the USA.  A combination of the inconvenient timezone and unreliable internet services in Vietnam; along with a few more procedural aspects of the therapy practice that I wanted to iron out, led me to choose to delay starting up my service earlier this summer.  If you are looking to enhance your life through greater emotional connection and get greater clarity on what you want, then I would be very happy to offer you a free 60-minute inital session. 

My website has changed, and is now associated with a new YouTube channel I have started recently where I plan to chronicle my own past and ongoing thoughts and experiences on self-work and personal growth.  So now you can find information on my therapy services at www.KyleGrows.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!  If you know anyone else who is looking for a therapist, I would greatly appreciate it if you passed along my url to them.  Thank you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.