First Private UK Toll Road in 100 years!!

Kason

He took the (huge) risk of building it without planning permission from the local council, and as a result is having to retrospectively apply for that permission (and the council isn't happy about it and is warning people not to use it). If his application isn't successful, the state will send men to demolish the road.

Though if he had tried to secure such permission beforehand, the road would never have been built. 

• Upvote 1

He took the (huge) risk of building it without planning permission from the local council, and as a result is having to retrospectively apply for that permission (and the council isn't happy about it and is warning people not to use it). If his application isn't successful, the state will send men to demolish the road. Though if he had tried to secure such permission beforehand, the road would never have been built.

The greatest rule in life - it's better to ask forgiveness than permission.
  • Upvote 1

My delight with the actions of Mike Watts is matched by my contempt for the mealy-mouthed bureaucrat-speak from the council. While they are out there with their infinite budget of stolen money, infinite licenses and approvals, they did NOTHING but WHINE.  Meanwhile one guy with some money fixed the problem.  It's done, he finished it. The road exists.  Mike Watts GOT IT DONE while the council was sitting around playing Minesweeper.  He singlehandedly proved the uselessness and inaction of government.  Mike Watts ate their fucking lunch.  I think he deserves the same level of public support as Cliven Bundy.

• Upvote 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.