Peaceful Non-FDR Parents?

Have any of you come across parents, whether on the internet or your physical world, who are for peaceful parenting? I found a video on Youtube that depicts child abuse in a pretty recent show One Tree Hill, where a mother soaps her child's mouth for saying "bullshit."

And I found and engaged in this comment thread started by one of the rare few reasonable people on Youtube, who I think isn't an FDR listener, but is for the idea of peaceful parenting.

That's not to say FDR is the only the source that promotes peaceful parenting as the research Stef cites are from various sources, just saying for me, this is where the idea of peaceful parenting first came from with the original 5 part podcast series on Philosophical Parenting. 

My parents and related 2 other families for the NOT: "spanking, yelling, timeouts, violance, verbal abuse."

And yes they are all advocates of peaceful parenting, so not jsut silent club of people :)

Which i am sure lacks few parts, so very close to peaceful parenting as much i can think of.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.