Dear Daughter, Yer Dad's A Spazz

nathanm

At first I was all like, "Awww"

But then I was all like. "Doh!"

and then I was all like, "Oh fer cryin' out loud…"

http://nuttyrepublic.com/wrote-letter-daughter-telling-truth-society-will-force-forget/

Hysteria over Photoshop is somewhat of a pet issue of mine.  What I see when I see people protesting so strongly about it is an utter lack of self confidence and an apparent lack of self control.  If you were confident with yourself why are you losing your mind over a glossy magazine?  Why are you abdicating all of your self esteem to the actions of other people?

I find art and beauty to be fascinating, I think our attraction to it is fundamental and mathematical (golden ratio and such).  But so many take it as a yardstick, which if you fail to reach it, you must flagellate yourself endlessly with (and simultaneously complain about doing???).

Posted Image

Remember, Mom and Dad are two of the very few people on Earth who will tell you the truth about yourself. The truth that, from your first moments in this world, you’ve been like a vision, full of warmth and light. You don’t need to be photoshopped or edited or remade or made up, and you never will. You don’t need a “touch-up” or a “correction.” You were molded by the hands of God and given to us as a gift from Paradise.

Okay, maybe not the WHOLE truth.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.