Britain is to get its first NHS-funded national sperm bank to make it easier for lesbian couples and single women to have children

AlesD

They sell it as this is for lesbian couples but if you read closely it is basically a government subsidy for single mother to have kids. Later in the article they say that they expect that a large percentage of clients will be professional single women who want to have a baby without a man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714321/NHS-fund-sperm-bank-lesbians-New-generation-fatherless-families-paid-YOU.html

These options provide much less scope for a prospective single mother to choose desirable characteristics for the sperm donor. 

Related article: http://www.nytimes.c...9dad.html?fta=y

i can see that if it was private costs, though this was a government program, from a government health department. i don't know if that it's government funded that i should expect something more about the health of children rather than the desires of the mother for a  government run eugenics program.

Later in the article they say that they expect that a large percentage of clients will be professional single women who want to have a baby without a man.

Their self-description isn't accurate, though.  If they really wanted "to have a baby without a man", then they wouldn't acquire human sperm to fuse with an egg to produce a baby. 

What they really want is "to have a baby without risking rejection from men", which is really "to have a baby without appealing to male sensibility, male standards of morality and attraction, or male-opinion of any kind", which is really "to have a baby by 100% disempowering men". 

-----------------------

This post is seemingly unrelated, but I have difficulty refraining from injecting Rollo Tomasini, the author at therationalmale.com, into gender-discussions. 

His most recent post was brilliant, and this was my favorite line: "Besides the fact that she’s had multiple “relationships” at age 23, I find it interesting that she’s recognized this ‘openness’ as a mistake. Not a mistake with regards to her own choices, but rather a mistake in feeling comfortable enough to lay bear her sexual strategy for a guy who should expects should already be “accepting of who she is.”

My comment: "In order for her to recognize her openness as a mistake with regard to her own choices, she must have actual empathy for what a man needs, wants, and cares about.  Instead, she recognizes her openness as a mistake with regard to getting what she wants from him - which means she possesses no empathy for a man's needs, wants, and desires; she only, instead, has a selfish sense of cause-and-effect: 'If I say X, he gets mad, and I don't get what I want when he gets mad, so I shouldn't say X.'" 

http://therationalmale.com/2014/08/07/open-hypergamy/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.