Statism vs Technology (OpenBazaar, Bitcoin, DarkWallet, OpenTransactions)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Anarcho_Capitalism/comments/2cyxzi/openbazaar_teaser_beta_end_of_august_release_on/

I don't want to sound hyperbolic but if this becomes even half the size of eBay, the end of the state will quickly follow.

Between bitcoin, Dark Wallet, Open Transactions, and Open Bazaar I don't see how the state can milk their cattle for taxes. It will be too easy to hide and withhold revenue with 100% plausible deniability.

The state, being slow to react to change, especially technological change, will be forced to show their dark side and strong arm people into paying for their continued existence. When the state openly demonstrates their use of force it always forces markets to go from white or grey to black. This even happens for things as simple as toilet paper, flour, rice, sugar, and milk.

If this thing pops up in December and works, we could be stateless in a couple of decades.

Bitcoin for instant transactions, low to no fees no matter the amount, pseudonymous, privacy, can't be shut down without destroying the entire internet in the entire world. (Open Source)

Dark Wallet for stealth addresses, coinjoin, and anonymous chat adds a huge layer of security built into an easy package for laymen. (Open Source)

Open Transactions takes every other currency and instantly makes bitcoin interchangeable between them completely privately. You can also issue your own currencies/stocks for your companies (think Kickstarter where the investors actually get a return on investment). (Open Source)

Open Bazaar takes the trust out of purchasing physical or non-physical goods. Think a Silkroad that can't be shut down where anyone can buy anything so long as they have the money. Be it a drum from an african tradesman or a pizza or drugs or someone to take you to the airport or cut your grass. (Open Source)

All of these technologies come together to form a web of perfect for financial transactions. If the state doesn't know how much money you have or how much money you make how can they take anything from you? How will they know who to point their stupid guns at?

No amount of violence can solve a difficult math problem, because of this, the state will lose in the long run.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

http://www.thefreedomchambernews.com/osgWP3915/osgwp_ChasHolloway_2015.pdf  Its long.  But worth it IMO.  Makes the same point, but very precisely.  Not my article, but I am hoping to get it more attention. In fact I don't know the author, but the work is pretty well thought out and he isn't getting as much traction as I think it deserves.  I hope you guys give it a look through.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.