The Importance of Anger

Can anyone refer me a good podcast where Stef goes into the importance of anger and that it's healthy? Particularly one that casts aside the bullshit notion that any anger is unhealthy.

I know someone currently in a relationship who is being continually pissed off by her partner then told she has an anger problem. I think she may be receptive to a Stef podcast on the subject.

Thanks!

Dylan,

Anger is essential and that's a great question and an interesting problem your friend is in.

http://www.fdrpodcasts.com

Then search for "anger" and scroll down. At the bottom of the list are some gems from the past which you and your friend may enjoy.

Another great one is titled "The Fascists That Surround You Part 7: The Cure" in the Gold Donator section.

What is your understanding of anger? What is it for?

-Tony C.

I already did the search function and came up with a bunch of stuff about anger. I was hoping for a particular recommendation, as I prefer to hand off podcasts that I've listened to myself. I'll just have to poke around then.

My understanding of anger: a self-defense mechanism against evil, or to put it in less violent situations, a self-defense mechanism against those who would steal your energy.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Dylan Lawrence Moore,

As I am sure you know, there are different kinds of anger. I found that I can use 'anger' to give me 'energy' to deal with an issue or problem. It is that energy that helped me stay focused. It is NOT a 'spray' all over kind of thing.

I am well aware that anger can be harnessed into determination to spur oneself into doing/becoming something great - but I have seen multiple accounts of anger just clouding one's perception of reality, which really stunts one's growth mentally. I myself would, instead of searching for ways to justify anger, actually attempt to control it.

6 hours ago, tornstrom said:

I am well aware that anger can be harnessed into determination to spur oneself into doing/becoming something great - but I have seen multiple accounts of anger just clouding one's perception of reality, which really stunts one's growth mentally. I myself would, instead of searching for ways to justify anger, actually attempt to control it.

Clouding happens when you try to control it.  Any emotion is valid and, therefore, doesn't need justification. Are you talking about people initiating physical, mental, emotional, or psychological abuse out of anger?

How does clouding occur when you try to control your anger? I myself have anger issues, and I've been under tons of anger. Not controlling my anger enough has led me to break things or even snap at others, but I've learnt how to control it to a degree.

And no, I am not talking about people initiating physical, mental, emotional nor psychological abuse out of anger. I am talking about those letting it control them. The aforementioned results may occur, but those are not the only bad results of anger.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.