There may be hope for me yet

vcadd

I get quite frustrated reading comments on Stef's videos and on Stef's and my friends Facebook posts.Compelled to respond,I'm ususlly pretty trolly or derogatory,not very enlightened.I envy the way he sees through the BS and know I will never reach that level of enlightenment.I saw a post today that frustrated me and then BAM,the first thought that came to mind was this-

I wonder if the prepubescents we kill get the virgins too.

10502428_883833164978456_7403969783884330463_n.jpg

I'm sorry if this comes across as unrelated to your topic.  But I think it's related.  You can disagree, if you'd like.

While reading the youtube comments to The Truth About Robin Williams, I noticed how the obviously-trolly posts got dozens of replies, whereas the obviously-NON-trolly / sincere-questions comments were never answered. 

I subsequently thought up the "FDR job position" named "valuable youtube comment trawler". 

Qualifications: (1) A deep knowledge of multiple podcasts.  (2) A commitment to answering the sincere questions from youtube comments.  (3) A much stronger commitment to neither engage trolls nor allow their presence to sap your enthusiasm. 

Process: (1) Don't begin your "job" until MMD has posted a [YouTube] Insert-Podcast-Here thread.  (2) If you notice a sincere question, answer it in the Youtube comments; then post a summary in that [YouTube] Insert-Podcast-Here thread.  Something like, "The user HappyGoLucky asked question-X, which I answered by referring her to Podcast #Y."  (3) If you notice that all sincere question have been answered, do nothing.  (4) If it's been one whole week since the podcast was introduced on YouTube,

move on to a more recent thread. 

Now, I've been on FDR long enough to know about and agree with the, "Hey, since you proposed the idea, you should do the work yourself...." mantra.  Thus, I accept that I have zero credibility in suggesting that you should follow my proposal.  But if you'd like to implement my proposal for just two users ONLY to see whether you feel happier doing this than engaging trolls, that might be very helpful for you. 

I think we have that already working within the community as a hole.Some farther along than others.A decent percentage of my posts are probably just passive aggressive attempts to enlist the more advanced thinkers to do my dirty work.I like the idea but don't meet the qualifications yet.I consider my above post a breakthrough but it's still a little snarky.There was a post earlier for my Disc Golf Club's upcoming Charity Open tournament suggesting to refresh yourselfs on the rules.Especially the first time sanctioned event players who are not Pro.Good advice,it's a PDGA event,not as casual as usual.One guy wrote that He was going to call every infraction.Foot Faults,Shot Time,Drug or Alcohol,Tobacco use,everything.My response was,"It's a charity tournament not a Nazi Combine".

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.