Take This Waltz?

jpahmad

I haven't seen the movie, but I did watch the trailer. 

I'm cynically amused by the whole premise, because it aligns so perfectly with what I know about men and women based on Rollo Tomassi's "Best of Year One" and "Best of Year Two" collections. 

I don't want to write a million words here, but the movie is so catered towards women's "replace a beta with an alpha who possesses a side of beta" fantasies.  And there's nothing you can do to prevent women from thinking that way. 

--------------------

Does this article help clarify your horror at the movie?  Or does it miss the mark entirely? 

http://www.returnofkings.com/41715/how-a-computer-simulation-showed-me-the-cost-of-female-sexual-freedom

In my eyes, the only character that was moderately likeable was Seth Rogan's character.  I was appalled by the selfish and hedonistic behavior of the other two characters in the movie.  However, the director didn't seem to attempt to make them the obvious "villains."  I really think the director wanted us to like those people as well, which infuriates me to no end. 

Thanks for the article referral

• 3 months later...

I, too, hated this movie. Until the ending. The "heroine" is shown alone, miserable, and pathetically attempting to relive the joy she felt when in thrall to her alpha crush. I came away thinking it was a pretty brave statement, especially for a female director. 

I, too, hated this movie. Until the ending. The "heroine" is shown alone, miserable, and pathetically attempting to relive the joy she felt when in thrall to her alpha crush. I came away thinking it was a pretty brave statement, especially for a female director. 

Yeah, the ending makes-up for everything.  I was initially so annoyed about the movie that I didn't stop to think about the ending.  Although, I think it was a little to subtle at the end.  Subtle enough to where many people could miss the point. 

Now that I think abut it, why is the title "Take This Waltz"?  Shouldn't it be, "Don't Take This Waltz"?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.