How to dismantle the most common arguments for spanking.

Ady Sheerer

lmao @ "My daddy spanked my mommy and she's fine."

This was really good. I especially liked the woman's progression from marginalization to appearing genuinely cornered and frightened. It's sad that the people who need this the most won't have the empathy to pick up on it.

• Upvote 1

Most people I've encountered on the other side of the spanking issue have a reason why spanking / corporal punishment and its applicability is different for each of the following kinds of people:

a) young children (1-2.5)

b) children (2.5-5)

c) adults, non-spouse

d) spouse

e) an elderly person

So I think the universality needs to be able to be proven otherwise you'll get stuck in that quagmire.

Most people I've encountered on the other side of the spanking issue have a reason why spanking / corporal punishment and its applicability is different for each of the following kinds of people:

a) young children (1-2.5)

b) children (2.5-5)

c) adults, non-spouse

d) spouse

e) an elderly person

So I think the universality needs to be able to be proven otherwise you'll get stuck in that quagmire.

the NAP is already universal, so there is no quagmire to get stuck in, and it is not OK to hit any of the people in those different categories.  

What proof do you require? You have self-ownership as the result of your capacity for reason. People are not fundamentally different in a way that they wouldn't own themselves. This is axiomatic. If everybody owns themselves, then theft, assault, rape, and murder are immoral as they require exercising ownership over that which is owned by somebody else. This is all "NAP" means. Is there any part that you do not accept as true?

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.