Clickable Timestamps For FDRPodcasts.com

Hello Kevin and James, I have a couple suggestions for FDRPodcasts.com

Timestamps on Youtube, specifically for call-in shows and mailbag questions, are incredibly useful to click on when someone only wants to listen to specific topics. Is it possible for the FDR Podcasts site to have clickable timestamps that can skip through the time bar in the same fashion?

Whether or not that's possible, I think it would also be worthwhile to have the timestamps listed in the description boxes. The work other members, including myself, have put into creating timestamps for old podcasts should be honoured on the official FDR podcast site. With that in mind, I was also wondering if there is a need for timestamping the recent call in shows.

Thanks for your time and consideration! :)

We do have the backend functionality for timestamps, but I will let Kevin comment on whether the front end supports them or not. If so, it's just a matter of loading the data, which is in my wheelhouse.

Oh, and possibly some user training... :)

The functionality is there. Data just needs to be loaded into the database.

The only thing about it is that unlike youtube, you cannot skip ahead of the loaded portion on the seekbar. The timestamps turn into clickable blue links as soon as enough of the podcast has been loaded enough to go to that point.

For a working example, check this out: http://www.fdrpodcasts.com/#/2692/8-unsolvable-philosophical-questions-solved

Oh, okay! Thanks for letting me know. I guess I just haven't listened to enough podcasts off the site that would have had timestamps.

AFAIK, that's the only one so far. I filled that one out and put it in the database myself. I think this has just been buried under a ton of other work on Mike's plate. I don't know what the status is on that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.