Jon Stewart Fails to Prove White Privilege

Tworsley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-KBFuobhDkA "debate" between Bill O' Reilly and Jon Stewart about whether or not white privilege exists. I am not a fan of either, but Bill made some good points. In my opinion, Jon did not prove white privilege. When Bill brought up the economic success of Asian-Americans relative to whites, it was thrown under the table, because of course, it contradicts the "minorities are victims of the white man" narrative. No Jon Stewart, I am not a victim of systemic racism. One of my ancestors during slavery may have been a victim, but I am not one.So please stop speaking for all black people. And yes, there are white people who are born into money and have a solid economic foundation, but so what??.I find it frustrating when people bring up blacks having higher prison rates than whites and the knee jerk reaction that follows: "systematic racism!". There is no "well why is this the case?" or even an inclination for furthur investigation.

Funny how his final little snippet at the end of the conversation is Stewart admitting defeat.

I'm a Middle Eastern dude who grew up in America during the height of the 9/11 era. At a time where my "people" were vilified in the media mercilessly and constantly to facilitate the neocon war agenda.

I have never once in my life, subconsciously or otherwise, thought of myself as a "victim" or that I was being held back by some invisible social or cultural force. I can imagine nothing more humiliating than telling myself that I am an inferior product in society under any pretense. If there was anybody with an excuse to claim victimhood under the model presented by these leftist ideologues, it's me. Funny enough, none of the other Middle Eastern people I know do this either. I've never even thought about playing this as a 'card' until I started running across social justice ideologues in college and after graduating.

Why is it that these Jewish people who talk about "white privilege" never seem to talk about the fact that their community came back from the brink of annihilation in Europe to become one of the most affluent and powerful ethnic groups in the United States?

• Upvote 2

The problem with discussing 'privilege' is that privilege does indeed exist. Bill kind of talks about that when he talks about the privilege of a white guy from Garden City compared to his own background.

Since liberals are keen to just put people into classes, based only on their race, gender or sexuality. They manage to forget entirely about the individual. The more I listen to this debate the more I realise that it's only liberals that are obsessed with these classes and no one else. In being so, they themselves stoke up the fires of resentment and prejudice.

• Upvote 2

I find it frustrating when people bring up blacks having higher prison rates than whites and the knee jerk reaction that follows: "systematic racism!". There is no "well why is this the case?" or even an inclination for furthur investigation.

I try to stay informed about things because the more I find out about the world the more I realize that public school was nothing but a bunch of lies. But sometimes I just have to stop keeping up with the news because of the level of intellectual dishonesty from the journalists and from the reader comments. Apparently it's easy to sell people aluminum bullets.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.