James Hetfield from "Metallica" Talks About His Childhood and Music

Darius

My newest video. In it, James Hetfield from "Metallica" talks about his painful childhood, his relationship with his abusive parents, and how it influenced his music. I included my comments and observations in a form of hard-burned closed captions. Apologies for poor audio quality. These were the best clips I could find, and sound filters didn't help improve it, either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6XD1MPzF_A

• Upvote 3

Darius, thanks for posting. That was really excellent, especially with the annotations. I did not know this about "One" but the St. Anger album has resonated with me strongly. For me, it represents legitimate grievance and judgement. I think it has helped me get in touch with my anger a little so far but it is emerging in me every day a little more when I look back on things. I've even come up with a little saying: "Burn anger and fan the flames with virtue". That's the way I'm thinking of it at the moment. Cheers for posting.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing some of your own experiences, PGP! To me, Metallica's lyrics are quite interesting, especially knowing personal histories of people who wrote them. Even the names of the songs are very telling. For example, songs on the "St. Anger" album are named "Invisible Kid," "The Unnamed Feeling," "All Within My Hands," and so on. The album name itself, Saint Anger, tells you quite a lot.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.