pope francis declares evolution and big-bang theory are right

Bouncelot

I was surprised at how happy this made my atheist friends on Facebook i.e., they were congratulating the pope and thinking this was an admirable thing for him.  Like the church is finally going to be reasonable.

But if the pope is going to say it fits into the framework of the Bible, than he is either wrong or lying.  The creation story is pretty clear and any dummy can read it.   If he can import any meaning into the Bible than the Bible is junk.

I'm guessing this is a move to preserve revenue and keep the pedophilia factory running and funded.

• Upvote 3

The motivations of the pope are irrelevant, if he has to sound more secular to maintain his power, it is a sign that PEOPLE are changing, and thats good news.  

What if Pope Francis lost a bet early in his life and, as a result, had to become pope and make this declaration...  :rolleyes:

(It was either that or join the KKK and turn it into the NAACP... :teehee: )

• Upvote 1

I don’t find it that strange for the pope to now believe in evolution. It’s just a change from one religious concept that god created us, to another religious concept — we come from monkeys. I don’t understand why atheist and so called rational people would believe in something like evolution while there is simply no evidence that species are able to change from one species to another. There is small range of evolution that takes place if you look at black people for example compared to white people, but they are still the same species.

And there is still—the missing link, even now they completely removed; any mention of the missing link, from the so called secular education system. People are always carried by their egos; they just don’t want to look at the evidence.  There are some many examples, which make Darwinian evolution inconclusive, even the carbon dating of the planet is highly questionable. All those concepts of evolution all come from India and Hinduism; it has nothing to do with rational thought

The big bang also has nothing to do with science. It’s just, again, a religious concept and has to do with god having an orgasm. I think it’s important for so called rational people to understand, where these ideas come from, and not just accept what other people tell them is logical.  For a lot of people it’s just so scary that we don’t know anything, so they take some religious ideas and make them sound like its science and it’s not. Most Atheist and Christians believe in exactly the same things, they just have different reasons for it.  We just don’t know— start from there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that the Pope came out in 1950 and said that the theory of evolution wasn't antithetical to Christian doctrine, I don't think Catholics would object to it overmuch. They haven't been literal creationists in centuries, and never really had a doctrine saying that it should be taken literally, rather than allegorically. It was purposefully left open, because even the founders of the Church were dubious about the story of Genesis.

The small myriad of young earth fundamentalist churches out there already know this about the Catholics, so they probably wouldn't say much.

I would, however, expect reactions from people who attended Western leftist indoctrination camps, known as public schools, to think this was some radical deviation from Catholicism, which it is not. Gregor Mendel was an Augustine monk, for gods sake.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.