I'm soooo happy!!!

CallMeViolet

So sadly I left my brother's home; as it's still to hard for us to be around each other all the time. Now though I'm finally in Ohio with my sweetheart and everything feels amazing. I haven't been this happy in for what seems like forever; I know it seems a little cheesy but fine; I love cheese...

I've decided to start trying for my GED while I get settled and straighten out my medical what not and other stuff here. Then I will pick up my job hunting and driving practice here

So thanks everyone!!!!!! I'm happy and doin stuff finally!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Even when I know that I'm at risk for deflation, I still celebrate the good times. This was important for me since I was so depressed for so long. I would forget that I was ever happy, and being able to remember and look back on those times gave me a clearer picture of my ups and downs and reminded me of things I can be genuinely grateful for. That way I can have at least some curious motivation to explore what anxieties or pain the depression is suppressing.

Also celebrating your successes is important when you've been taught to neglect yourself so you can reinforce your sense of self and how important your life really is. That sinking feeling, the dread may be a holdover from a time where celebrating your successes meant you were risking humiliation.

Not that any of this was my motivation for posting. I posted because I'm genuinely glad to hear it. That's all. 

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.