What are the reactions on this

NGardner

It strikes me as a very passive aggressive APP and posture to take with your children.

Now, you do not have to have your kids respect you, or actually want to talk to you, you can force them to talk to you with this handy technology and $2.99 at the google store. As opposed to being concerned as to why your child would not want to talk to you, you are out installing/inventing APPs to make up for your parental shortcomings.

This reminds me of the dad that shot his child's laptop...

• Upvote 1

It makes me sad to think that she would rather make an app to force her children and many others to stop using their cell phones, rather than try to figure out why the children are unwilling to ever speak to the parent.

Along these same lines, I think that the woman should consider the time and effort she spent learning how to write apps, writing the app, talking about it with friends, and closing the app development compared to the time and effort she put in to fostering a positive, open communication with her son. Her history, discussed in the video in the article, is indicative of her drive for personal achievement, but not for the quality of parent that she is. Rather, the effort put in to the app is indicative of a lack of empathy for her teenage son, who she chose to provide a cell phone for. Sorry for the kid, he's back seat for attention to an app.

It's easier to spend dozens to hundreds of hours creating an app than it is to have a conversation with your son and be curious, apparently.

I found the news clip to be amusing, and not in a good way. It's just mad.

Sad and disgusting when the son came on and didn't seem very happy about it, at which the anchors simply laughed.

Ohhh ho ho ho, children feeling unhappy and misunderstood, hee hee hee!!

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.