Antarctica's Ice Growth Contradicts Climate Change Model

NotDarkYet

Unfortunately, I dont see any amount of contrary evidence being able to slay the GW/climate change religion. Climategate was not enough either. It does however suit governments to stick to the hoax, since it is another way of taxing everyone.

And asking questions or being critical will label you a climate denier, so politicians are unlikely to let go of it regardless.

This religion will probably still be here in 2030.

Its effective to dismiss everything critical out of hand by slapping on "denier" for people like me who have actually researched all the big claims.

In my country we had snow in the middle of summer this year, which is very surprising. During that there was no mention of GW or CC in the media.

We have one discipline of science that has mathematical equations that scale across 40 orders of magnitude to explain the motions of damn near everything in the universe.  We have another discipline of science that has failed to produce a single accurate model of anything.  One of these is not science.

I recently read an article comparing contemporary environmental-disaster movies like "Noah", "2012", etc. to the first commandment on the Georgia Guide Stones whereupon it states, "Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature." (and that the "cult of Gaia"/environmentalism has the same dark conclusion...  :mellow: )

Another way to refer to it is as a restoration of Catholic guilt...

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm not sure of the validity of this article because it contradicts itself. I think the readers here latched on the initial statements without reading the whole article. Here is the part you all read:

The discovery adds to the ongoing mystery of Antarctica's expanding sea ice. According to climate models, the region's sea ice should be shrinking each year because of global warming. Instead, satellite observations show the ice is expanding, and the continent's sea ice has set new records for the past three winters.

Here are parts that very explicitly detail other "very" important facts:

The sea ice growth around Antarctica has averaged about 1.2 percent to 1.8 percent per decade between 1979 and 2012, according to the 2013 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's Fifth Assessment Report. The increases are concentrated primarily in the Ross Sea in western Antarctica. Sea ice in the nearby Bellingshausen and Amundsen seas has significantly decreased.

Some of the seas have increased frozen area and others a decreasing significantly.

At the same time, Antarctica's ice sheet (the glacial ice on land) is melting and retreating.

I guess the real issue here is they have no way to measure the mass of ice that exists around Antarctica.

This doesn't prove or disprove global warming. It just means that we don't have enough data and original arguments may or may not be wrong.

• Upvote 1

I believe in payback...this man al gore should be ridiculed without mercy until he shunned throughout the world as a snake oil salesman.

Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free in five years. Gore made the prediction to a German audience in 2008. He told them that “the entire North ‘polarized’ cap will disappear in 5 years.”

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

In fact increased ice in polar regions does not disprove Global Warming. Warmer global temperatures would allow the atmosphere to absorb more moisture, and that moisture when it gets close to a pole will inevitably freeze.

Global warming is no more a fact than any other prediction i.e., it may be true or false.

I am fairly comfortable that any slight warming which may occur would have a minimal impact, especially when compared to any cooling. Either way I have faith we will get thru it whatever happens. A little technology can go a long way in protecting our frail bodies from the elements.

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2014 at 5:08 PM, NotDarkYet said:

http://news.yahoo.com/robot-sub-finds-surprisingly-thick-antarctic-sea-ice-161703215.html

According to climate models, the region's sea ice should be shrinking each year because of global warming. Instead, satellite observations show the ice is expanding, and the continent's sea ice has set new records for the past three winters.

If you want some entertainment regarding climate change...

Go and hunt up what the "scientists" declared in the 70's and 80's...was going to happen by now.

Hint hint: new york, miami, etc. are suppose to be well underwater due to "warming" and most of the the US is suppose to be starving by the year 2000; science by political consensus, woohooo!!!

When you confront a belief with facts the belief usually gets stronger. Were the planet to enter an obvious, demonstrable Ice Age where glaciers cruise Sunset Strip they will still blame "fossil" fuels for warming.

global warming as it exists today has become a RELIGION, as such you cannot rationally discuss it and it requires no "proof"; nor can you disprove it with observations.

starting in the 70's when some finance savvy scientists discovered that they can get a lot of funding by creating the perception of doom this has been moving nicely along gaining "converts".

This is nothing new and is in fact right in-line with the great "doom prophesiers" that have exploited the masses (or the wealthy) throughout human history!

sadly only logical thinking can stop it, and the government has pretty much trashed the education system. It would only take the mass media about 1 day to go visit ALL the environmental doom prophesies that said by now we would all be dead to see that such predictions are, well, useless...andddddd it will never happen.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, jimofflorida said:

global warming as it exists today has become a RELIGION, as such you cannot rationally discuss it and it requires no "proof"; nor can you disprove it with observations.

starting in the 70's when some finance savvy scientists discovered that they can get a lot of funding by creating the perception of doom this has been moving nicely along gaining "converts".

This is nothing new and is in fact right in-line with the great "doom prophesiers" that have exploited the masses (or the wealthy) throughout human history!

sadly only logical thinking can stop it, and the government has pretty much trashed the education system. It would only take the mass media about 1 day to go visit ALL the environmental doom prophesies that said by now we would all be dead to see that such predictions are, well, useless...andddddd it will never happen.

Yes. Very well laid out! I would like to add that this is just one of the lies/convictions plaguing society.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.