I love philosophy.

Ken Cotton

I am on a caffeine high reading MORAL PHILOSOPHY Theories and Issues by Emmett Barcalow and it's like BOOM! Feels like my brain just picked up some weights and started pumping iron. I'm excited to feel my horizons expanding just by reading a more intuitive and modern interpretation of the craft.

What is everyone else reading or into right now?

• Upvote 4

It's pretty interesting. It really gives a step by step introductory exploration into the subject matter.

The mind wants to just run free into the wild with assumptions and common assertions but it just keeps putting hurdle after hurdle in the way. Not in a bad way. It's interesting in that it transforms a race into something more. Forces the mind to stop and go through a mental series of checklists and rational criticisms before moving forward. I have to agree with Stefan about public school in that this rigidity is completely unfamiliar. I for one have been taught an immense bulk of information that I can regurgitate on cue without having been taught the actual framework behind deconstructing complex arguments.

Really gotta hand it to FDR and Stefan Molyneux for having shows online that are engaging enough to pull someone off the net and into a book on concepts infinitely more important than the junk floating around. Maybe when his daughter gets a little bit older he'll get into his own Cosby or Mr Dressup type role and do a TV show for kids. I think it would be a game changer for entire generations of children. Sure you'd have to tone down the whole no taxes the state is bad thing, but I think it would be worth it!

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.