Mew Pixar Movie "Inside Out"

shirgall

I am excited for any new Pixar movie (except any more Cars sequels/spinoffs) but the trailer for this kinda irked me a bit. Eh, maybe its the cliche stereotypes (women are complex, aware, empathetic while men are shallow, indifferent, combative and out of touch).

I enjoy the idea of this though...

Funny, was thinking of posting this myself. If Stefan has lots to say about Frozen, something tells me he'll have even more to say about this.

I thought it was pretty fascinating how there is a board of 'alters' with a host/commanding part in the centre. The altars all seem unique to the point where they have a strong character despite not having words. The father's altars looked very interesting. The two on the far left and right actually looked and acted a lot like children, perhaps borrowing from the concept of the inner child.

I like that none of them really seemed to like the idea of 'bringing the foot down', but inevitably it occurred, and the trailer also displayed the 'women good, men bad' trope to a troublesome degree.

The mum annoyed me right off of the bat when she said the part about looking at someone and wondering what is going on inside their head, like it has to be some kind of cosmic mystery. How about asking? This gives me a feeling that the movie will go about resolving this issue though. I think that there could be a lot of promise in this.

All in all, the more I think about it the more excited I become! Time to watch it again :)

• Upvote 1

Eh, maybe its the cliche stereotypes (women are complex, aware, empathetic while men are shallow, indifferent, combative and out of touch).

Yes, negative male stereotypes as well as disposability seem to be the mainstay themes of almost all modern movies these days. I also read somewhere that the women tend to be the largest market to attract. Since women have more effect on a man's choice of which movie to watch, particularly in the cinema.

That said, I would still like to see this movie and thanks for the heads up Shirgall. I'll be sure to invite you to any eventual future Film Club discussion we might have. ;)

I like how they showed that each personality trait had the same general characteristics yet a different trait was in charge in each person. The conflict began when the same trait took control in both the father and the daughter, AND the red trait was also the one that started conflict withing the mother by projecting adulterous thoughts. There's a lot of potential in this concept.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first I've heard about this movie. Will definitely look into it more! That being said, I share the concerns of some of the others about. The dad seems a little cookie cutter. Hopefully the plot of the story revolves around the dad and mom growing together and helping their daughter out! I'm hopeful. Pixar movies seem to give dads a bigger role than other films. Finding Nemo comes to mind. I think the two protagonists in Monsters Inc. were kind of 'dads' to the lost little girl as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.