Lovely reaction: Mother discovering her 4-year-old is shaving his head

Kaki

After seeing so many videos of parents mistreating and abusing their kids I thought it'd be nice to post something more positive! I just came across this which made me smile:

Chanda Champbell walked in on her 4-year-old son, Emmett, using an electric trimmer to give himself his first haircut. Her reaction is absolutely lovely! There is nothing scaring, shaming or negative at all here. Many commenters on her facebook page a praising her for her parenting, admitting they wouldn't have been that calm.

If you want to share it here is the original facebook link which has by now over 5 million views!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Other that the obvious irony in her voice while she is complimenting her son, and posting the video on the internet exploiting her child's digital identity, this is an example of acceptable parenting. The child thinks that it looks questionable, and you can tell by his laughter. He thinks it looks funny. The mother laughs along with him at first, but then starts laying on the heavy sarcasm. You can tell that her inner mom (Grandma) still has a problem with this behavior, although she is tolerating it. A good parent would have given her honest input.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Could you explain what you mean by "exploiting her child's digital identity?"

The interaction is not totally honest, and I agree with your assessment of that being undesirable.  It is obviously not abuse, but definitely not ideal.

Edit - Rewatched it. She is patronizing him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.