Mormon Anarchy

AustinJames

Even the Mormons say the ends don't justify the means.

However, much of their "preparedness" efforts in my area are non-religious, like supporting the local HAM club, getting bulk sales of vegetables and meats for canning parties, youth firearms training, and things like that... They don't push the Mormon aspect at these, although I suspect that's a local/individual decision. I drew the line at the Boy Scouts, as there's a bit of indoctrination in that which I did not like.

• Upvote 1

What do you mean by wrong? I didn't read the whole thing, but I feel I read enough to identify that the person writing it is being forthcoming. I don't see anything wrong with that.

In fact, I kind of enjoyed reading the parts that I did. At first a red flag went up when it said, "is one of the fastest-growing religious institutions in the world." Then another went up when I read, "As far as religion goes, it’s not the worst you can do."

But then I found myself disarmed by, "my scruples with superstition," followed by talk of having his own criticisms with the church and wanting to suspend all of it for a greater cause. Was he doing that for manipulation's sake, to reach a larger audience? I don't know, but at that point, I wouldn't be averse to hearing what he had to say.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.