Hitman Richard Kuklinski: My father = "nasty son of a gun and always will be", My mother = "just a victim of her own life"

adamNJ

A convicted murderer who has a problem assigning moral agency? Color me surprised.

The name Iceman is very appropriate. He has absolutely no remorse for his actions. The interviewer asks him about the slaying of three men who almost ran him off the road, and asks if they deserved to pay for the transgression with their lives, "Was it a capital offense?"  Kuklinski answers, "Apparently, it was since I killed them." Check the comments on the video. You've got more than a few people claiming that Kuklinski is a real gangster, a boss and should be respected, not vilified.

No one is willing to grant the cold-blooded killer moral agency either.

• Upvote 1

I've watched a documentary about him and the movie about his life - both are highly recommended.

The movie is on Netflix for those interested, I watched it last night, good movie.

My favorite part of the interview is when Kuklinski asks the psychologist, why he turned out to be a psychopath 2:09:00

• 2 weeks later...

I do want to say that I've seen this documentary and would also recommend it. It's really fascinating.

Besides the scenes in the interview that have been mentioned, one thing that I found fascinating was his response when he was asked how hew felt while he was killing people, to which he replied, "nothing."

He also describes blowing a person's head off with a gun as being like bursting a pumpkin. 

This I think is consistent with what Martha Stout mentions in her book "The Sociopath Next door"  when she explains the fascinating fact that

sociopathy "involves an altered processing of emotional stimuli at the level of the cerebral cortex. This neurobiological distinction is at least partially responsible for the still-unfathomed psychological difference between sociopath and all other people, and it implications are startling. Sociopathy is more than just the absence of conscience, which alone would be tragic enough. Sociopathy is the inability to process emotional experience, including love. It is an aberration in the ability to have and appreciate real (noncalculated) emotional experience."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.