In Your Eyes - Telepathic Empathy RomCom

I discovered this marvelous gem about two people who see through each other's eyes, and feel what the other feels, despite of being time zones apart.

They develop a personal bond sharing all their darkest deepest secrets and childhood histories while living two seperate lives, surrounded by people who can not offer them a connection like they have. :D

• Upvote 1

Romantic male lead says to female lead: "The only thing I like about me is you."

Romantic female lead says to male lead, "I thought you were PMS."

Who sees this relationship working out?

I'd give the move a chance just to see the parts about sharing childhood histories, but it's Joss Whedon, so I'm not holding my breath for anything profound. He's the king of style over substance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Romantic male lead says to female lead: "The only thing I like about me is you."

Romantic female lead says to male lead, "I thought you were PMS."

Who sees this relationship working out?

I'd give the move a chance just to see the parts about sharing childhood histories, but it's Joss Whedon, so I'm not holding my breath for anything profound. He's the king of style over substance.

It has both and it's not the perfect love story. It has some typical rom-com formulas, but there's also some unique aspects included other than the telepathy concept.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the recommendation! I liked it. The telepathy moments were really powerful to me. It's like quintessential self-knowledge. I interpreted it as the anima and animus inside both men and women. 

Schizophrenia is a symptom of child abuse, I'm glad they put forward a message in the movie that kind-of frames the reality of the disorder with her history.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the recommendation! I liked it. The telepathy moments were really powerful to me. It's like quintessential self-knowledge. I interpreted it as the anima and animus inside both men and women. 

Schizophrenia is a symptom of child abuse, I'm glad they put forward a message in the movie that kind-of frames the reality of the disorder with her history.

Do you mean split personaity? Because skizophrenia is often mistaken for it, but is actually separate from split personality.

Glad that you enjoyed it. I didn't even think of the whole Anima and Animus aspect of it so I'll keep it in mind on my rewatching of it.

Do you mean split personaity? Because skizophrenia is often mistaken for it, but is actually separate from split personality.

A review on moviemezzanine mentions he called her 'schizophrenic', but I was talking about schizophrenia, not split personality. Regarding schizophrenia being caused by child abuse you can read Joanne Greenberg's semi-autobiographical book, "I Never Promised you a Rose Garden", and view some of Daniel Mackler's work on schizophrenia. As well as look through psychologist Faye Snyder's book available on google books for the term "Schizophrenia". I grew up with a girl who later showed schizophrenic symptoms and was diagnosed as schizophrenic. I was close to her and she was a friend. What she has told me of her experiences as a child indicates to me that her dissociation came from traumas. But read and study and make up your own mind.

• Upvote 1

Just finished watching it.

It was a really unique concept and some of the shared telepathy moments in regards to family and childhood were profound

But the last 20 mins of the movie went full retard. I honestly lost all interest when it became a starcrossed-lover story

Also, the main female lead was the definition of an estrogen leech. In general, it was poorly written but had a great gimmick which made for a really nice scene or two.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.