Mike on the mic!

OGMizen

Hello FDR peeps!

Unfortunately I dont manage to get on here to speak to you (really dont have the spare time atm) but I drop in occasionally and listen to every show.. Just wanted to show some support to all of you guys and let you know I'm in your corner and doing what I can to fight the good fight. I'll just put this out there and maybe other people have some feedback to give too. Just wanted to say I found Mikes involvement and participation in the newest wednesday show 'Was jesus a libertarian' very enjoyable and that I hope it continues, although there were some moments where all 3 people in the convo were kind of fighting to speak, I think overall it made the show more entertaining and engaging than usual and I just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience or if it was just me? I like the banter and chats that Mike and Stef have and a part of me thinks it would be fun to have an occasional show where Mike and Stef just sit about for an hour and shoot the shit, make fun of stuff and talk about recent topics, There is so much going on these days and I think it would be a good way to cover a lot of topics in a more broad and humorous way. (Im not trying to imply that Stef talks too much or that the show is boring or somehow not funny, I just enjoy the back and forth between Stef and Mike so much I would listen to a whole show of just that)

Let me know what you guys think.. I may not be able to reply much but I'll definitely drop by again and read any replies. Is this something other people would want to hear or am I alone on this? 

Either way, keep up the good work and hope you are all having a good new year! :)

All the best from my trench to yours!

Hugs n Kisses n Unicorns!!

• Upvote 5

I like your post, and I agree I find the relationship between Mike and Stef to be very fun, and any podcast that has the two of them talking is always a memorable one. I would be interested to know of your struggles "fighting the good fight" they sound to me like some good tales of excitement, and I always appreciate people sticking up for good philosophy. I especially enjoy peaceful parenting anecdotes the best.

Great line at the end Hope you don't mind me stealing it. All the best from my trench to yours.

• Upvote 2

I would be interested to know of your struggles "fighting the good fight" they sound to me like some good tales of excitement, and I always appreciate people sticking up for good philosophy. I especially enjoy peaceful parenting anecdotes the best.

I wish I had more time to go into details, and I wish I had more tales lol not sure how exciting they are either.. I'll give you a broad view of what Ive done in my almost 2 year FDR adventure (a lot of which was spent trying to grasp the ideas and put them into action)

I have confronted friends about how they treat their children (hitting, threatening etc.) which wasnt fun in the moment but I did succeed in convincing a female friend to stop hitting her kids, she had hit her first a good few times but by the time her second came I'd managed to convince her not to hit. I love both of her kids immensely and have had a lot of fun interacting with them peacefully.. I taught her some basic principles to help prevent conflicts with her kids (look for the need beneath a behaviour, prevention is everything etc.) and Im sure I influenced her children positively. I pulled up out of the nose dive my life was in ('depression', heavy drug use, social anxiety, etc.) which was hard, but worth it, I now feel happy 95% of the time. Since FDR my life has changed for the better, for example I could never find good conversation regardless of who i spoke to or where I was, now I have pretty deep conversations with people Ive literally met that day! I have very deep conversations with people I know well. I am raising a daughter myself peacefully and have a partner who is great and a 9.9/10 co-parent. She breastfeeds and all that good stuff. My relationship with her has improved a lot but we still have some way to go. I know its not recommended here but I defoo'd my mother (long story) without therapeutic help, (Im literally so poor atm my shoes have huge holes in them and my only coat is rotting which sucks because its winter in england atm which means Im often wet and cold -just have to get that off my chest lol) so I have no money for therapy atm (and havent been able to donate either).. I had to do it though to keep her away from my daughter, I still feel (after a few months now) that it was the right thing to do, I have no regrets. I confronted my dad too, he was much more receptive, said he'd give me all the time I need and thats he is sorry, takes full responsibility and feels ashamed that he didnt break the cycle himself and ended up re-inflicting it on his own kids. So I told him I would reconnect with him at some point but need some space. I do what I can to put forward good arguments and make good content for youtube but I struggle with time constraints right now. Im doing what I can to get off benefits (welfare) right now and Im going into education to train in psychology, I started an access course a few days ago because I fucked up at school and didnt get any grades whatsoever, despite (or more likely because of) my intelligence. So Im doing everything I can to get out of the hole I have grown up in and am doing well so far. Its not all sunshine and rainbows though, Ive wimped out of confronting abusive parents in public once or twice (no hitters, only shouters) and have lost a few relationships in the process. Nobody is perfect n all that. Sorry I cant go into more detail and im sure thats not all ive done, but thats all I can think of right now. Hope it was worth your time! :) Cheers for the responses ppl!!

• 2 weeks later...

I like it when during the show, Mike talks directly to a person who has called in with a problem, because then Mike is revealed as a truth teller who has spent consequential time pursuing self-knowledge.  This assures me that Stefan is real and that wisdom like his can be acquired by lessor mortals, if they are willing to honestly engage in the work.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.